***The Vapers Lounge*** 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
This has likely been asked many times in this thread, so apologies: can I get some 18650 battery recommendations? Also in search of a 2+ slot charger.

Using a VTC Mini with Sense Herakles plus and it's doing a great job. I seem to be using it more and more at home so figured an extra battery or two would be a good shout...

Soldato
Depends on the mix, Grant for example recommends using his vanilla custard on a 1.8ohm coil at low power, think it was sub 18watts, but different juices can take different power depending on the coil size and type and the atty you are using, just start low and raise the power a few watts at a time till you find the sweet spot for yourself and if you cant then try a different atty/coil setup.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Hmm, tempted but i want Black and they only have silver... will wait for FT too me thinks, the Goblin mini is great and all, but not £35 worth over the one i have.

Yeah I want the black one too. It's not a £35 tank anyway imo. I'd pay £15 tops.

Soldato
Yeah £35 would easily get you an Aromamizer which knocks the Goblin for six on flavour.
But for the Mini Volt... the single coil option of the Goblin is great, though you can do a single in the Aromamizer too if your creative, i have on the Cruis which is a smaller deck.

Soldato
Well, this first clapton has been vaping very well, had a bout of bad spitting with the dregs of the first tank but all good on refill.

Grabbing some 0.5 and 0.25mm wire just off amazon to have a play about, getting kanthal and ni200, it's a good point is i know you cant temper ti wire but is nickel ok?

Soldato
Its not recommended to dry burn NI200, but i used to to clean my coils... NI200 is such a PITA to work with that i did not wont to re coil every time i needed to re wick.

Yeah, sounds tricky to detect hot spots without dry burning.

I was quite enthused by my clapton making apparatus, worked fantastically well and the results are great, up to 47.5w atm with mahoosive clouds and great flavour, definately a step up from my previous attempts.

I found dry burning my kanthal standard coil made it rust (or at least thats what it looked like), i guess the combo of boiling water washing, ultrasonic cleaning and the rigours of juice isn't do great.

Ahh well, need to stop spending money this month, gonna have a juice buy next month though.

Associate
Having problems with my crown Ni200 coil , using smok xcube2.
Fires fine at 420f but it seems like its not constant , when taking a puff the strength seems to be high then ramps up and down.
Was fine with the coil that came with the tank , just bought a pack of 4 so hope they are not all like this.
Got it set at Norm , TC-NI , 0.00600 , DC.

Doh , just ramped it up to 430f and alls fine now.

Soldato
If you want one of the Best for battery life, TC and future proofing, the Reuleaux is a bargain:
https://www.elegantvapour.co.uk/mods/temp-control-2/reuleaux/reuleaux-rx200.html

But you will need Three 18650 high drain cells, like the Samsung 25R or 30Q and preferably an external charger though you can charge in the mod, it will take Ages.

+1 for the Reuleaux, can't recommend it enough. I like it so much, I upgraded it with my RMA'd DNA200 board! Not that there's anything wrong with the stock board, but it's possible so why the hell not? :D

The trifecta:
Indestructible on a Noisy Cricket - Best flavour, beer-resistant, appeals to my minimalism.
Fountain V2 on a Dingo - Not the sleekest configuration (probably gonna get the Goblin Mini V2), but squonking is fun!
Aromamizer on a Reuleaux - My daily go-to, never runs out of battery, never gives less than a sublime vape.
KPYowPB.jpg

Soldato
Put a ticket in for my RX, one cell drains when not in use and the device is getting hot. Tried a new set of cells and same thing.. My out and about RX is fine though.

Government paid public feedback malarkey, a pal of mine pulled out as he was asked to lie that he'd returned to smoking.. They said they needed 4 vapors and 4 ex vapors to do a questionnaire but as they had problems fining 4 of the latter they asked him to "play" the part and say he'd gone back to smoking cigs!! They'd have paid him to lie just to put a cherry on it :mad:

Associate
Government paid public feedback malarkey...

Please expand on this.

I just made another order from chefs vapour for capella concentrates..

Bavarian Cream
Glazed Doughnuts
Yoghurt
Vienna Cream
Peanut Butter

Hopefully I will then have taken delivery of the VTC mini that I ordered from GB on 27th Jan.
I still haven't used the new Crius as was saving it to go on the mini....getting restless waiting now.

I can't say I am saving any money really on diy juice as I have gone from using 20 - 25 ml per week of pre-made to about 80ml per week of diy.:eek:

Soldato
Please expand on this.
They do surveys, groups of 'random' people they ask questions or get to fill in questionnaires. They are meant to engage people on the street to find those willing to take part and use the results to gauge public opinion but they don't look for random people, rather it seems they call on those that have taken part in the past. My pal said it's often a couple of hours and he gets about £60. For £30 an hour, I wonder how many of these regulars would go against the grain and risk not being called on again.

This time was meant to be 4 men, 4 women. 4 regular vapors and 4 smokers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom