Deadpool (2016)

Caporegime
Disclaimer - I am not a comic book reader or fan, I just love the general comic book movies of the last few years. So I do not really know much about Deadpool apart from that he is the anti-hero who has a quick mouth and can't die.

Now, having just watched this today, I was expecting a little more, perhaps may be because even Ant-Man looked like a bigger movie, no (reverse) pun intended. This obviously had a budget constraints that all the previous comic book movies didn't have and it shows in scale, set piece and length.

The jokes were funny at times but since I am not a massive comic fan, I have a feeling half of them went over my head, from visual gags, background easter eggs or dialogue. That said, I didn't look at my watch once so it gets brownie points for that.

I think I need a second viewing in 6 months' time at home to appreciate the little details. Right now I am not feeling it that much.

7/10.

p.s. I like the intro, it sets the tone of the movie from the start, to take the mick out of itself from minute one.

Soldato
Just home from seeing Mr Pool...was tremendous throughout, an easy 9/10 for me if I'm honest!

Delivered just the comic relief we need when living in a world of countless superhero films. Constant laughs, great cast and all the gratuitous violence you could want.

Well played...well played!

Back
Top Bottom