Laser eye treatment - who's done it?

Caporegime
Operation went pretty well today, surgeon was happy with the results straight after.

I was happy until the anaesthetic wore out, then my god, thats probably 3/4 of the most uncomfortable hours of my life. Throbbing head, throbbing scratchy eyes, watering uncontrollably, incredibly sensitive to light. I couldn't even open them on the way home, and having them closed felt like there was grit in my eyelids. It's only really calmed down since i've sat in my front room, curtains drawn in pitch black for a few hours. Horrendous.

Feels pretty awesome now they've calmed down though. The operation itself was fast, painless and just a little uncomfortable. The suction pad was by far the worst bit.

Just need to continue to rest, as any sort of bright light causes the throbbing to come back. Looking forward to donning my Duncan Goodhew goggles in the sack tonight :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
Had LASIK done in July, agreed with the post anaesthetic, it was so uncomfortable.

My long distance took a good 2-3months to sort itself out, had me worried as my short distance was instantly improved. I was short/long sighted and had 2 astigmatisms! Better then 20/20 now and totally healed up. I did mine over 10months interest free, was 5k, but they did a deal of 25-30% (forget which) off if booked by certain date, so ended up paying ~3.7k!

Just wish I hadn't waited so long (30)!

Caporegime
What was everyone here like with computer use, a few days after surgery? I'm finding it quite difficult to focus on the screen, which isn't ideal as I need to use a computer for work.

It's only been 48 hours, so i'm certainly hoping it'll settle down in time, but it's less than ideal at the moment. I'm back in work Wednesday.

Associate
I was very sensitive to computers/tv/phone for up to a week after, then it settled down. Some friends were fine the next day - it varies.

Caporegime
Operation went pretty well today, surgeon was happy with the results straight after.

I was happy until the anaesthetic wore out, then my god, thats probably 3/4 of the most uncomfortable hours of my life. Throbbing head, throbbing scratchy eyes, watering uncontrollably, incredibly sensitive to light. I couldn't even open them on the way home, and having them closed felt like there was grit in my eyelids. It's only really calmed down since i've sat in my front room, curtains drawn in pitch black for a few hours. Horrendous.

Feels pretty awesome now they've calmed down though. The operation itself was fast, painless and just a little uncomfortable. The suction pad was by far the worst bit.

Just need to continue to rest, as any sort of bright light causes the throbbing to come back. Looking forward to donning my Duncan Goodhew goggles in the sack tonight :cool:

For some reason this gave me a spontaneous chuckle. What was the suction pad bit like?

Man of Honour
cant see any bad reviews, and the surgeon name comes up a lot.

wish there was some official body that ranked or had detailed info on laser eye surgery.
difficult choice, it's an amazing price, and I really want to get it done, no idea if I can get it done without going to a consultation.

Caporegime
cant see any bad reviews, and the surgeon name comes up a lot.

wish there was some official body that ranked or had detailed info on laser eye surgery.
difficult choice, it's an amazing price, and I really want to get it done, no idea if I can get it done without going to a consultation.

Do your research first, there may be good surgeons with lots of feedback that aren't too much more expensive. You only have one pair of eyes, so best to be 100% sure than rushing into anything because of a Groupon offer...

Man of Honour
yep this is why i'm unsure. I've emailed them see if they have any audits etc.
still cant find anything bad on the web, But I also don't see a way of ranking different clinics either.

Caporegime
yep this is why i'm unsure. I've emailed them see if they have any audits etc.
still cant find anything bad on the web, But I also don't see a way of ranking different clinics either.

Just start by googling laser eye surgery in your area or where you are willing to travel to, and then narrow it down by checking out the reviews of each place.

Caporegime
I was very sensitive to computers/tv/phone for up to a week after, then it settled down. Some friends were fine the next day - it varies.

Thanks.

For some reason this gave me a spontaneous chuckle. What was the suction pad bit like?

Honestly? Grim. It didn't hurt but I found it extremely uncomfortable, thankfully it's over in less than a minute.

Caporegime
This was the worst bit for me on my 2nd eye (left), I honestly though my eyeball was going to explode.

I woke up the next morning with them halfway round my head! Thankfully all was well.

Funnily enough I did the exact same thing last night, I weirdly dreamt that I was rubbing my eye? Woke myself up and the goggles were hanging all over the place. Hope I wasn't actually doing what I was dreaming :eek:

Caporegime
Funnily enough I did the exact same thing last night, I weirdly dreamt that I was rubbing my eye? Woke myself up and the goggles were hanging all over the place. Hope I wasn't actually doing what I was dreaming :eek:

lol... all this has me mildly worried, I must admit. I am a sucker for rubbing my eyes! Hopefully I'll have some level of hyper-awareness against doing it.

Caporegime
lol... all this has me mildly worried, I must admit. I am a sucker for rubbing my eyes! Hopefully I'll have some level of hyper-awareness against doing it.

Up until this week I rubbed my eyes quite a lot. I too was worried I wouldn't be able to help myself but i've found I haven't needed to do it, or felt the need to do it (at least consciously). I wouldn't be overly worried about that tbh.

really? i didn't even feel it?

I did, I could feel the pressure. Wasn't painful, but definitely not comfortable.

Oh, something else, putting the eye drops in is a PITA. I've just had to go and pickup some more as I seem to wear them more on my face than actually getting in my eye :p

Last edited:
Associate
Great to see LVC are still regularly getting recommended in this thread. Had my eyes lasered by Dan nearly 3 years ago now using ReLEX Smile and had no problems whatsoever. Excellent service and I felt like I was in trusty hands all the way.

smr

smr

Soldato
Hi all,

Been quite a while since I've read up on laser eye surgery - the only thing that puts me off is the risk of dry eyes still - but (and I see the post above mentions it) there are new techniques available now which some sources seem to suggest minimise (or hopefully dramatically minimise) the risk of dry eyes post surgery?

Has anyone got any further info on this ?

Back
Top Bottom