Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Man of Honour
Drive both you may change your mind.

And FYI you can remove power steering plus. I will on my car soon.

I will drive both and I appreciate a lot of effort has gone into the 991, but in previous generations the 996/997 the C2 was a sweeter drive and in most the reviews I've read that still remains the case. Be interesting to compare, happy to be proved wrong.

Soldato
Completely agree on the 997 as I had both a C2 and C4 but in the 991 I felt like the C4 was the better drivers car. Some how it felt like it had more steering feel but maybe that's just me.

If your in Surrey anytime feel free to come down and take the 991 and Gt4 out for a small joyride ��

I appreciate the time and advice you gave me some months back.

Man of Honour
Completely agree on the 997 as I had both a C2 and C4 but in the 991 I felt like the C4 was the better drivers car. Some how it felt like it had more steering feel but maybe that's just me.

If your in Surrey anytime feel free to come down and take the 991 and Gt4 out for a small joyride ��

I appreciate the time and advice you gave me some months back.

Thanks and anytime.

RSR

RSR

Soldato

Id agree with that statement using my demo's. The 4S/GTS seems to have a more weighted frontend / weighted steering but that's going to be due to the frontend drive system.

Is a Cayman GTS consideration if its a weekend toy?

Associate
Had my Cayman S cleaned up at the car wash today and under the powerful lights loads of chips on the metallic paint. Most were really small, but couldn't believe how many they were, especially being under a year old and < 8000 miles.

The guy cleaning it mentioned you can get a plastic covering to go over the clearcoat to stop it. But looks like it will require a respray of the bumper, bonnet and side wings before it'd be worth doing.

Man, I wasn't expecting it at all getting a new car. Are you guys respraying your cars every couple of years?

Man of Honour
Turbos have always killed the purity of sound and this is no different. The Boxster to quote Alan Partridge "that's just a noise".

Soldato
Got some espresso cups. My OPC gave me 2 sets for free which was nice.
1E2480DA-7A09-4AC7-9E98-0376324B46BE_zps7afrz1g9.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
[RXP]Andy;29175524 said:
Ahh fellow GTS owner, whats the spec?

Hey buddy. I went for:

PDK
PCM
Heated seats
Cruise control
Bose
DAB
Parking sensors
Smokers package (no brainer IMO)
Folding mirrors
Auto dimming mirrors
Satin wheels
And most importantly, a white key fob :)

Last edited:

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Hey buddy. I went for:

PDK
PCM
Heated seats
Cruise control
Bose
DAB
Parking sensors
Smokers package (no brainer IMO)
Folding mirrors
Auto dimming mirrors
Satin wheels
And most importantly, a white key fob :)

Nice spec you have there! I agree with the smokers package, its is a no brainer. Is it Pure White or Carrara White Metalic? As I know CWM has been dropped from the 718's and its gone back to a PTS option.

Speaking about the keys I have seen the keyfob in carbon which I have been thinking about ordering or going with the white. :o:D

Associate
[RXP]Andy;29175733 said:
Nice spec you have there! I agree with the smokers package, its is a no brainer. Is it Pure White or Carrara White Metalic? As I know CWM has been dropped from the 718's and its gone back to a PTS option.

Speaking about the keys I have seen the keyfob in carbon which I have been thinking about ordering or going with the white. :o:D

Mine's the normal white. I think it pings more than the CWM, which looked too grey/ blue. Fortunately at the time of deciding, the dealer had lots of examples of the 2 whites sitting on the forecourt, which made the decision easier.

Back
Top Bottom