Holiday in Egypt, would you?

Soldato
Hell yeah. Egypt is an awesome country. I loved it when we went to Luxor.

Remember the Egyptians live off tourism. They will literally do anything to try and keep tourists safe. When we were there years ago there was armed police on literally every street and they had armoured little hut things to protect them on street corners.

Remember it might be bad for you if you are killed but it is worse for Egypt as then people will stop going on holiday there and their economy will tank. I would expect to see a large police / army presence at any tourist resort to try and keep it safe.

Also stop living in fear. You have more chance of being killed on the roads here than you do of being killed in Egypt.

Soldato

Remember the Egyptians live off tourism. They will literally do anything to try and keep tourists safe. When we were there years ago there was armed police on literally every street and they had armoured little hut things to protect them on street corners.

Remember it might be bad for you if you are killed but it is worse for Egypt as then people will stop going on holiday there and their economy will tank. I would expect to see a large police / army presence at any tourist resort to try and keep it safe.

Also stop living in fear. You have more chance of being killed on the roads here than you do of being killed in Egypt.

By going to somewhere like Egypt you increase the odds of being killed/hurt. Also seeing police and armed guns doesn't sound too relaxing either. No thanks Egypt!

Soldato

Haha seriously? Don't worry if it's risky etc because the Egyptians will feel bad and their economy will be hit.

Turkey and Egypt should be avoided until safety is greatly improved.

Soldato

Sounds lovely. Can't think of anything more idyllic that spending my holiday surrounded by heavily armed Eygptians.

Soldato
Sounds lovely. Can't think of anything more idyllic that spending my holiday surrounded by heavily armed Eygptians.

Seriously one of the nicest places I've ever been. I highly recommend the Valley of the Kings and The Winter Palace in Luxor (although you'll need to wear a suit if want to go to The Winter Palace).

Caporegime
I don't see the point - you're just going to be stuck inside a generic resort with armed guards etc.. covering the nearby roads etc.. not like you can just rent a car and go exploring (well you might be able to but it would be rather risky)

if you're going to be in a resort then you might as well be in a generic resort with beach in Greece, less risk of some member of the religion of peace deciding to claim his 72 virgins from Allah...

Soldato
Went before all the unrest and it was a stinking festering cesspit of unbathed salesman trying to convince you to buy fake tat for nothing so I certainly wouldn't go now. Just go somewhere else where instead garbage collection is a regular thing and toilets flush as standard and you'll be onto a winner

Caporegime
By going to somewhere like Egypt you increase the odds of being killed/hurt. Also seeing police and armed guns doesn't sound too relaxing either. No thanks Egypt!

Leaving your house increases your risk to.

It's all about understanding the risks and assigning reasonable values to it. Most of Egypt is safe for tourists, and the places that aren't safe haven't really changed in decades..

But it's been like that for 20 years, yet only recently have people started to get antsy about it. Personally I wouldn't go to Egypt without good reason (diving/specifically visiting historical sites) as I think it's not a great place to go outside that. That has nothing to do with security however. :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom