*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Associate
Well this season unlike others I'm playing Wizard and Witch Doctor. Paragons going so quick (695 - an my normal is only 755 :o ). Managed with the DMO set to clear a 67 in 14.59 :) Witch Doctor I've got for speed farming torment X and when I want to just level some gems it can clear a greater 50 in 3 mins which is pretty mad (even without proper gear I've done a 62). Tried twister wizard (not got too bad gear) but seems very hard and in pugs resource starved.

Enjoying the season a lot though.

Had mad 2 days - 3 furnaces and last night 3 gifts in 3 torment x rifts.

If someone wants to throw me an invite I'd be grateful - kevsterx#2955

Associate
Toon of choice this season for me is a Wizard with the 6-piece Firebirds bonus:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Lokryn-2185/hero/72993631

Still a work in progress, but handles T6 and T7 solo with ease - I appreciate the playstyle of the build might not be to all tastes, but I love it. Spamming Disintegrate (made possible by the huge Arcane Power cost reduction from the belt), which in turn sets off random procs of Black Hole (Blazar) and Energy Twister (Gale Force), is incredibly therapeutic, resulting in large packs of mobs on fire or being pretty much insta-killed if there's an elite on fire nearby.

Can't remember exactly what Grift level I was up to in solo play - pretty sure I did a level 30 last night, but have gone higher when playing co-op with my brother, who uses the same build on his Wizard. Two Disintegrate Wizards is absolutely nuts - pretty much the entire screen is on fire ...

Associate
Hey, if possible would it be ok to be invited to the clan please. Getting annoyed with playing with randoms.

Daniee#2229

Usually on most days, playing seasonal mostly at the moment as that's where all my good gear is.

Soldato
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TheFallen-2254/hero/74495472

Making some good progress on my DH. From here on I just need gear too help clear TX faster and just too get better stats and upgrade my gems. Started GR last night and got my first gem too rank 25, so far its been very easy and I've gotten 3min clears up too 44 or so. Going too slowly raise it till I hit my cap and just sit there for awhile.

Soldato
Highest solo Grift I've done on my wizard so far is 45 (T10) and it took me 11 minutes. I've easily got the toughness for it now but the elites are pure RNG in terms of what I get. The most dangerous enemies to my build are succubi and bogans -.-

Still playing my own LoN build with disintegrate and explosive blast as I've got the offhand that boosts explosive blast damage and my cube has the other offhand that allows me to have a free explosive blast every second or so when I use disintegrate. For the ring in the cube I'm using the one that summons the lunatic adds as in my gear they crit for 2-4 billion each in AOE damage, so you can imagine how fast a gold spawn dies on a pylon with my ancient nemesis bracers lol.

I tried the talrasha and firebird hybrid builds for pure explosive blast damage but utilising frost nova and black hole too but it felt so slow in comparison it just wasn't worth it. Going from 300-400 million crits to 35 mil with a chance at a 500 mil crit just isn't worth it.

Associate
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TheFallen-2254/hero/74495472

Making some good progress on my DH. From here on I just need gear too help clear TX faster and just too get better stats and upgrade my gems. Started GR last night and got my first gem too rank 25, so far its been very easy and I've gotten 3min clears up too 44 or so. Going too slowly raise it till I hit my cap and just sit there for awhile.

You really need to get an amulet with a socket so you can use a 3rd legendary gem. Probably Bane of the Trapped and then switch Nightstalker passive for thrill of the hunt. If you can get a Hellfire Amulet with one of the key passives for UE (Ambush, Ballistics, Thrill of the Hunt, Cull the Weak) then all the better!

My UE DH is about done, nothing much more I can reasonably upgrade and I cba to grind paragon for mainstat. Also the thought of doing more legendary gems doesnt really appeal!

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Brokkah-2761/hero/71741539

Ignore the BoTP, its in there for grinding grifts. I use Taeguk for pushing.

Might try another class next.

Soldato
76 solo on WD under 14 minutes, can go higher but need to manage pets and positioning better. Also still have some badly rolled ancient pieces.

That's really nice, are you replacing non ancient with perfect stats for non perfect ancient items? I'd be full Ancient if I did this but I've had some awful ancient drops.

There is no RNG in a GR45. :p

Agree with others above, every rift has RNG as to what affixes and density or level type you get.

Highest solo Grift I've done on my wizard so far is 45 (T10) and it took me 11 minutes. I've easily got the toughness for it now but the elites are pure RNG in terms of what I get. The most dangerous enemies to my build are succubi and bogans -.-

Still playing my own LoN build with disintegrate and explosive blast as I've got the offhand that boosts explosive blast damage and my cube has the other offhand that allows me to have a free explosive blast every second or so when I use disintegrate. For the ring in the cube I'm using the one that summons the lunatic adds as in my gear they crit for 2-4 billion each in AOE damage, so you can imagine how fast a gold spawn dies on a pylon with my ancient nemesis bracers lol.

I tried the talrasha and firebird hybrid builds for pure explosive blast damage but utilising frost nova and black hole too but it felt so slow in comparison it just wasn't worth it. Going from 300-400 million crits to 35 mil with a chance at a 500 mil crit just isn't worth it.

Are you following guides from sites like DiabloFans? You should ideally (if playing a lot) be able to do 60+ with any character within 1 or 2 days of solid playing. 45 is still a nice achievement esp if its your current record but I'm saying you can push higher without to much effort with the right items :D

Caporegime
That's really nice, are you replacing non ancient with perfect stats for non perfect ancient items? I'd be full Ancient if I did this but I've had some awful ancient drops.

You have to be full 13/13 ancient with the LoN build when you get this high.

Nothing I've got is truly awful it's just a couple % here and there to damage and toughness that should push me up to 80 solo, I still don't have all my gear augmented yet either.

Soldato
Helltooth set dungeon is an absolute joke. I must have gotten down to 2 mobs a dozen times now.

I dont understand it at all. Whats the point in the "Objective: Kill XXX mobs in the time limit"? When you complete it, it says "kill all the mobs", so why bother putting it there? Just put "kill all the mobs" no?

Associate
Helltooth set dungeon is an absolute joke. I must have gotten down to 2 mobs a dozen times now.

I dont understand it at all. Whats the point in the "Objective: Kill XXX mobs in the time limit"? When you complete it, it says "kill all the mobs", so why bother putting it there? Just put "kill all the mobs" no?

kill xxx is to just pass it, kill all the mobs is to master it

Back
Top Bottom