Any alternatives to Vidahost??

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
I pay £200+ a year for unlimited cloud hosting with Vidahost

Does anyone know of a cheaper alternatives and just as good ??

Soldato
If you're happy with Vidahost then I'd stick with them. They may cost a smidgin more than others but the service from them (in my opinion) is excellent and worth the extra.

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
OP
I've always recieved good customer services and when asking them about issues and keeping cloud as storage (RAW) files they were more than happy for me to do so.

Soldato
Personally I wouldn't use anybody else.

First class support, clearly committed to their infrastructure and when I've had odd issues it's not uncommon for Adam or Seb to get involved and respond directly. They've had my business for over 5years, and I have no reason to say that they won't have it another 5 years time.

(For the record, I deal with TSOHost)

Associate
you can checkout webhostingtalk for alternate provider or even check :
http://www.freeindex.co.uk/categories/computers_and_internet/web_hosting/

Got a list of UK web hosting providers.

Webhost UK is listed at the top on that page, and although it's cheap as chips, their service is abysmal, after >15 tickets trying to resolve site hacks caused by other users on the same shared server, FTP passwords randomly changing, site downtime, automatic IP bans, it took me over a week just to cancel and get a refund.

Soldato
Webhost UK is listed at the top on that page, and although it's cheap as chips, their service is abysmal, after >15 tickets trying to resolve site hacks caused by other users on the same shared server, FTP passwords randomly changing, site downtime, automatic IP bans, it took me over a week just to cancel and get a refund.

Couldn't agree more.

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
Vida entirely worth the money. Went to them when seb was a member here (might still be!). Used to give support direct via MSN messenger. Would never go anywhere else.

Soldato
Used vida and tso in the past no complaints.

I've just signed up with Krystal hosting, very good prices and you get a lot for your money. Just moved a medium sized forum onto it and it's perfect.

Soldato
Just as good? No, not found one - spent a while looking back when we wanted to move from them after a few issues.

Stuck with them though and not had any issues.

We considered Heart Internet, but I think that's either more expensive or a similar price. Take a look though, you might like them.

You could just downgrade your package? I pay £30 a year I think it is (for my personal account) for 6 websites on their cloud platform, so that's Windows & Linux hosting and they don't monitor bandwidth use ;) (well, I'm sure they'd pick it up if you went mental, but they don't have any actual monitoring).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Vida entirely worth the money. Went to them when seb was a member here (might still be!). Used to give support direct via MSN messenger. Would never go anywhere else.
I think you're confusing me with Seb :p :)

We (the founders) are are all long-standing OcUK members tho I don't think Seb ever posted much. Unless he has a username I've forgotten ;)

I'm still around, I just don't tend to post these days as I spend little time at a computer when I'm not in the office. I guess work being crazy - years of long days - and now being married are the reasons.

MSN messenger, now that was fun...nowadays there are more staff members on our internal chat system than I ever had people online on MSN! :o

As for anyone cheaper than us, I suppose it depends exactly what you're after...we haven't changed our packages for a while as they seem to work and everyone knows/understands them. Mind you the package pricing is no longer my area (I focus on the tech side), but I know we have people who keep an eye on our competitors and that our support/sales people will usually do what they can....

Back
Top Bottom