****The Sony RX100 Series Owners and Tips Thread****

Caporegime
OP
i also found that getting the autofocus settings correct also helped capture action. AF-C is the mode you want also check if it refocuses after each shot, my camera (a5000) has 2 modes one where it will re-focus and one which is designed purely to bash out loads of shots.

after that, if it purely action then i would go with S mode and dial it up a few stops.

if you could post up a couple of shots we might be able to give you some pointers. It would also probably help some others out who are also new and experiencing ****tyimage syndrome.

Hmm I will check the AF settings, good point.

I am now in the UK for 2 weeks so away from my PC so won't be able to post some photos... however will do some more testing with the settings (I have my camera with me) and let you know if it helps. :)

Associate
Last edited:
Soldato
Yes MKIII here, it feels quite a natural way of shooting after coming from a DSLR. Also good in bright conditions.

I don't have much experience with DSLRs, so maybe that's why I'm struggling to justify using the viewfinder. Is it supposed to be sharp and in focus?, because I can't bloody make anything out, stating to think I need glasses. :rolleyes:

On a side note, there was a firmware update for the MKIV. Might be worth checking if there's possibly one for the other MKs.

Associate
Earth[Tera].bin;29188187 said:
Ah, seems I'm not half blind then, all nice and sharp in focus. Never realised you had to pull the EVF back. Cheers for that.

:)

Now you pulled it back, also check the diopter adjustment lever on the top of the viewfinder, adjust it to match your prescription :)

Soldato
Yes mate, there is absolutely no comparison when it comes to portability - you need a small bag / case or a large pocket for the LX100, the RX100 quite easily (and quite often does) fits into jeans pockets and takes awesome pictures.

No regrets at all :D

Associate
Am certainly very pleased with mine. Still keeping my DSLR but nice to have something significantly more pocketable!

On a different note, has anybody found any lens profiles for Lightroom for this series? Or specifically the Mk4? Every other camera under the sun there but not this.

Associate
Just picked up a RX100m4, love it so far. Compared to my 5DMKIII its a breeze to carry all day long.
So far the images are of a comparable quality, at least to me, and of what I have taken so far.

Need some reccomendations on cases though, what is best? Also, is there a way to turn off the information screen every time i change a mode? I just want to take a picture.

uv

uv

Soldato
Need some reccomendations on cases though, what is best? Also, is there a way to turn off the information screen every time i change a mode? I just want to take a picture.

I use a Tarion £7 case from Amazon - can't fault it so far tbh, well worth the low price!

re: mode info: It's called "Mode Dial Guide" in settings - switch it off. (on my mk2, anywho)

Back
Top Bottom