All Three One Plans to be cancelled from today

Soldato
The conversation was that people using too much data should look at downloading video content via WiFi at home for later rather than streaming.

It's over stop bickering

It's a shame people were using their phone data in place of an actual home internet connection.

Soldato
Been on the OnePlan since Three first introduced it.

I've not had a letter or a text from Three but I'm sure I will get one soon enough.
The current Unlimited plan would be okay for me. It allows 12GB/month tether, I can live with that. What I have an issue with is my monthly tarrif will double in price.

Soldato
Does anybody know what happens when you reach/exceed your data allowance on the plans that don't have all you can eat data?

I'm on the One Plan on a 1 month contract and I fear I won't be for much longer, and they've taken the opportunity to hike the prices of equivalent plans considerably.

Associate
Been on the OnePlan since Three first introduced it.

I've not had a letter or a text from Three but I'm sure I will get one soon enough.
The current Unlimited plan would be okay for me. It allows 12GB/month tether, I can live with that. What I have an issue with is my monthly tarrif will double in price.

12GB/month is enough like you say, so why not go for the 200mins/unlimited texts/12gb data 12 month deal for £17/month, that's what I did as you can tether the full 12gb :)

Permabanned
Well I have now rung three & changed my package. I'm now paying more & getting less than I was on the one package.

I don't who to feel bitter towards the most, 3 or the people who abused the data tethering which has caused this whole kerfuffle

Either way, jobs ruined now.

Soldato
I like the contradiction on the BBC article:

"The networks are seeing huge growth in data consumption as people watch more video content at ever-higher resolutions on their smartphones. At some point certain all-you-can-eat tariffs become uneconomical."

And then:
While the network does still offer plans with unlimited data and calls, Three says its average account holder consumes just 4.9 gigabytes of data per month.

5GB of data a month really isn't a lot, so i'm doubtful it's anything to do with a small number of users who have large download quotas. It appears to have balanced out by those who are not using much data at all.

I wonder how many people were signed up for the one plan as it seems to be taking them a long time to get round to moving everybody off of it.

I'm half tempted knowing the inevitable that i'll eventually get the letter anyway, to just abuse the data allowance.

Soldato
The trouble you have is as with others that have held firm its not going to get better. A year ago if you had moved (like I did) then your plans would have been £15 - 200 mins/unlimited texts and data. Now it is £20. Maybe they will take the plans off - I suspect this will happen. So you could take the view save at the moment but be prepared not to have any equivalent plan regardless of price.

Man of Honour
The trouble you have is as with others that have held firm its not going to get better. A year ago if you had moved (like I did) then your plans would have been £15 - 200 mins/unlimited texts and data. Now it is £20. Maybe they will take the plans off - I suspect this will happen. So you could take the view save at the moment but be prepared not to have any equivalent plan regardless of price.

Not really true as your plan is 4gb tethering the new ones are 12gb, would rather pay the extra and get the 12gb. Unless you never actually needed the one plan which is what it sounds like, so you've been paying to much for years.
On top of that would have had over a year of crimped usage. Won't go till they force me, no sign of letter and nothing in the account page yet.

Soldato
I'm still on the one plan, unlimited internet calls and texts, £15 a month with free 4G and a recurring £5 monthly discount by paying through DD.

Soldato
Do you get a letter AND a text ?

I had wrong address on account until last week but not received a text

I didn't have either strangely lol!

I hope it doesn't change, it's the best plan I've had, though tbh I hardly ever text as I use whatsapp and iMessage a lot, and when at home it's always connected to 5ghz wifi.

E0gIaMo.jpg.png
K7aEmvL.jpg.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Well i had my letter through today. Offering me an AYCE package for £30 (minus a £3 monthly discount).

So debating on whether to stay on the AYCE plans for £27 a month, but capped at 12Gb tethering.
Or drop down to a 12Gb fixed data plan, for £22 a month.

Current plan was £22 a month.

EDIT: Although the cheeky sods don't offer much of a rate. £50 cashback with Quidco means you can get a new contract that equates to £25.83 a month rather than the £27 a month that they're offering.

Last edited:
Don
Or you can ask for your PAC and like me they'll offer you unlimited everything for £20 per month (with capped tethering of course). Or alternatively you can take a look at Vodafone's £20 offer of 20gb, unlimited calls and texts with no tethering cap + a years subscription to Spotify or Netflix.

Soldato
Just got a letter through the post, they want to start charging me £30 a month with a £3 discount, it's not a bad price but with most of my messaging done through Whatsapp and Imessage i don't need to be spending £27 a month, it's the whole reason i gave up on contracts and started buying phones sim free.

Soldato
That was easy, unlimited data, text and 200 minutes for £20 and a £5 monthly discount so still £15.

And this is what they're counting on, you're walking away as a happy customer blissfully unaware that this very plan you've 'bargained' down to £15, used to be £12 direct from their website even without any loyalty bonuses etc.

Of course the reality is that they never had any real competition (Giff Gaff came close for a while) so they can do what they like to their prices, within reason, and people will still buy them because they're still the cheapest

Last edited:
Associate
Or you can ask for your PAC and like me they'll offer you unlimited everything for £20 per month (with capped tethering of course). Or alternatively you can take a look at Vodafone's £20 offer of 20gb, unlimited calls and texts with no tethering cap + a years subscription to Spotify or Netflix.

I asked for the pac but they didnt offer me this. Best they could do was unlimited minutes/txts with 8GB of data for £18 a month. I wished them well and have moved to the Vodafone £20 deal.

Back
Top Bottom