Poll: The EU Referendum: What Will You Vote? (New Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Well, the globalist part of Leave apparently has this magical deal they keep bringing up: free trade with the bloc, optional immigration quotas (to please their less tolerant allies), opt outs from EU regs (which include trading standards, hmm) and no EU contributions. And somehow this can be done quickly, without any major loss made on interim tariffs, drops in job numbers or re-routing of trade and finance that would take place.

Not a single EU leader has given any indication of the credibility of such a possibility -- such a deal would be wholly without precedent. Who will negotiate such a deal, and what would be our key bargaining chips is also unknown. Apparently, being the 5th largest economy now, and an interesting history, qualifies us for special treatment at anyone's table.

Moreover, this 'deal' will somehow also make us immediately more attractive to the US and Chinese investors, whilst giving us 'absolute' freedom to demand favourable terms from the rest of the world. With the Commonwealth flying in on their white steed, offering cheap imports and plentiful, cost-free consumers for our services.

You know like Imperial Preference, only this time without an empire, and we call it 'unilateral democracy', and hope the world agrees.:p Feasibility studies -- who needs them, amiright?
I think you're already well aware we get 2 years to renogiate trade deals with EU in which the trade will remain the same until that point as we enter a period of separation with the EU. No one said it would be instant and of course there would be a bit of lack of investment due to businesses being unsure of what would happen BUT presuming it didn't take a full 2 years to get this resolved then they could easily announce and alleviate those worries sooner than that and end up with decent trade conditions anyway. I am coming round to the EU but your rhetoric is no better than politicians at the moment i.e. 'we face security, economic prosperity and love and happiness in the EU or A FALL INTO THE UNKNOWN DARK PITS OF HELL IF WE LEAVE'.

I don't see any other country outside the EU falling apart that has already had a big and successful history so you can't ignore we're already a big economy, that we've already taken measures to reduce the deficit, that we get 2 years to renegotiate trade terms etc. I get that your pro EU but recently it seems the pro EU guys are getting a bit heavy handed and closing off dialogue with unrealistic confirmation bias. Don't let the political rhetoric get in your head. I'm starting to suspect the truth based on all my reading of the subject, we won't be that far worse off no matter which way we go. The EU isn't the devil but the UK isn't the crippled, terrible decision maker with a leap into the dark that the in camp want you to believe either. It's just down to democracy vs more money and a bit of rumble in the middle but there's really going to be no huge disaster one way or the other. Pro EU players calm your poopers for as much as you decry those sensationalist tabloids it seems we're all getting a bit riled up. We'll live one way or the other, we might not be under the EU dictatorship with bad policies, undermining ourselves with EU 'cooperation' and slowly moving to every major issue along with not living up to any real major incidence (what was the last global issue EU got involved in and resolved?) but equally we might fall behind in the world economic scales, our relationships with the EU could be hampered a little and we could be in a rough period of decisions for how we interact with the EU. That's the doom and gloom but I honestly believe it won't be so bad either way, just vote how you feel and I'm undecided at the moment but leading to brexit based on how poorly the EU showed they're willing to negotiate with us.

Last edited:
Associate
One thing i will say if the referendum is held we vote to stay snd the EU reneg on this "deal" pretty much the only course that could save Cameron's career would be being on tv the next day anouncing a new referendum with his recomendation to leave.

If they gyp us and we do nothing then we're ****ed.

The problem is that should they go back on the "deal", it'll be done very slowly over time.

If we remain in, which I unfortunately think we will, let's see how things look in 10 years time.

Associate
Even If the people voted outright out of the EU, you really think it will happen? The vote will be rigged as the elite just won't let it happen.

That's right despite saying the contrary if by some miracle we did vote Out there would then be a massive charm offensive by the EU culminating in a second referendum where the guilible would change their mind.

Permabanned
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-35604776

Police say they have safety concerns about overcrowded houses in the town where one of Europe's largest sports retailers is based.
Sports Direct employs at least 3,500 agency workers at its site in Shirebrook, Derbyshire.
While filming in the town, the BBC was shown houses "carved into flats", including one with rooms partitioned down the middle of its windows.

Bolsover Council admitted it was caught off guard by the influx of workers.

Figures obtained by the BBC also show 46 housing complaints relating to overcrowding, repairs and conditions were made from April 2015 to 21 December last year - up from 16 in 2005 to 2006.

Police community support officer (PCSO) Steve Cathcart said: "There's been an influx of Eastern Europeans and the landlords that own the houses are carving these houses up into flats.

"Our concern is the fire risk, the safety to these people that are moving in."
Police said more than 30 properties in the area were a particular worry.

The police said one of the occupants in the house where two rooms had been visibly partitioned up to the windows works at Sports Direct, but added the resident had "no fire doors".

Bolsover councillor Karl Reid, who is responsible for community cohesion, admitted the authority had not adequately prepared itself for the sudden increase in Shirebrook's population.

"[On the window dividers] that is not acceptable and that will be investigated," he said.
"It was a gradual thing, then suddenly there was a massive spurt. I think that's where we may have got it wrong or we weren't on the ball for it, and I have to accept that."

Anecdotal, right?

Soldato
That's right despite saying the contrary if by some miracle we did vote Out there would then be a massive charm offensive by the EU culminating in a second referendum where the guilible would change their mind.
The anarchist in me almost wishes this would happen albeit it with a second referendum framed against actual real reform.

Caporegime

The out campaign will never win the referendum if there was any threat of that we wouldn't have been given one, we're only getting one now because of the 'immense deal' that everyone is being conned with. It may have been close before all of the theatre surrounding it but now everyone will just swallow the 'special member' rubbish.

Last edited:
Associate
The out campaign will never win the referendum if there was any threat of that we wouldn't have been given one, we're only getting one now because of the 'immense deal' that everyone is being conned with.

I think some will be very surprised by how close it will be.

Clearly, you're privy to a different "deal" to us if the one you've seen is the "immense deal" :D

I wonder how long it will be until there's a clear case for a "I told you so" moment?

Last edited:
Associate
I think some will be very surprised by how close it will be.

Clearly, you're privy to a different "deal" to us if the one you've seen is the "immense deal" :D

It won't be close I doubt if Out will get 30% because so many are guilible and ignorant and really do think Cameron has got a special deal because he said so.

Women especially will generally vote for the easy option which is more of the same and being ruled from abroad simply because they don't care.

Associate
Even If the people voted outright out of the EU, you really think it will happen? The vote will be rigged as the elite just won't let it happen.

History and experience would unfortunately concur with that view.
In respect of Norway and the high cost of dealing with the EU. The Norwegian Government were very foolish to think that they needed to pay for the privilege- anymore than Russia for accessing the EU. Norway's main exports are sold on the spot market - interestingly Norway generates its own power with water However,needs to buy in foods all of which are available cheaper than in the EU. As for industrial goods they are becoming increasingly available in the East and very competitively priced. Germany needs to export it does not want reciprocating tariffs raised in such a situation.German businesses are complaining about the EU boycott of Russia their businesses are suffering as are the poor Greeks fruit farmers
The problem for the EU when the UK leaves is who is going to make up the UK's positive contribution? The Frogs don't ever put more in than they take out - it's against their religion.
How many billion a year do you think the Poles send home each year- never mind the family allowances? For the EU having the UK in is like having a cow in someone elses green field that just needs milking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom