**** The LG G5 Thread ****

Associate
Agreed I don't like the back of the phone it does look strange

I dont like the back either & they went from grippy to slippy.

slip4.jpg

The magicport seems interesting though.

Soldato
Looks pretty good to me, not quite sure about the back, but overall I think the design is a massive improvement on the G4.

Mobster
Soldato
Finally someone is realising how pointless a separate home screen and app drawer is. I can imagine not many hardcore Android fans will approve of this change, though.

Could you explain yourself?

All this does is make the interface confusing and cluttered. The beauty of the app drawer is that you only go in to get apps you don't use all the time. It is logical and keeps the home screen clutter-free.

Scrolling through 40 screens of apps on an iPhone takes forever.

Soldato
Sick of my G3 now, Android L made it run so badly and it was never fixed. I have factory wiped it several times too. Also, LG barely seem to release updates for it which is hilarious.

Soldato
Could you explain yourself?

All this does is make the interface confusing and cluttered. The beauty of the app drawer is that you only go in to get apps you don't use all the time. It is logical and keeps the home screen clutter-free.

Scrolling through 40 screens of apps on an iPhone takes forever.

Because I end up making a pointless desktop theme with 5 random apps and a second clock just so it doesn't look odd.

Create folders if you don't like clutter.

Caporegime
Don't see what the issue with the camera bump is. People are not going to look at you while taking a picture and think "look at the state of the phone, how disgusting, what a poor person having a phone looking like that."

Soldato
Because i'd have to add the icon from the app drawer to the home screen every time I added a new app, constantly syncing app drawer and home screen?:confused:

Well surely the second it would take to add the icon is less than adding the other stuff you mentioned? Though I'm sure whenever I install an app it adds the icon to the home screen.

Anyway I guess it's a non issue, Nova or whatever.

Soldato
First impressions it does look impressive however from my experience with the G3 and G4 battery life is a major concern for me

Interesting, the G4 scored better than any other device I've tried on my little test. I thought the battery had some sort of magical power they way it never seemed to go down...

Soldato
Well surely the second it would take to add the icon is less than adding the other stuff you mentioned? Though I'm sure whenever I install an app it adds the icon to the home screen.

Anyway I guess it's a non issue, Nova or whatever.

You are right; Google Play Store will auto-add a shortcut to the home screen. I still don't want my home screens and app drawer duplicated, though. It's either one or the other. 95% of Android fans like the home screens. I just happen to be one of the few that don't like it:)

kbc

kbc

Associate
This phone feature looks awesome. I am quite happy with what LG are doing here. I've only really owned Samsung devices - currently a Note 5. Having looked at what the S7 is. I'm siding with LG at the moment...

Back
Top Bottom