enigma@home - Boinc stats team challenge

Soldato
hi
I have work soon so can only help for a while.

which version have you downloaded, what system do you have 64 or 32 bit? if 32 bit then the link above works in not then the other versions will work.

inside the folder C:\ProgramData\BOINC\projects\www.enigmaathome.net

add these files

(link) which I've archived for quickness. (original link)

Last edited:
Soldato
did you make sure you closed boinc and stopped all tasks running first before adding the files

also inside of your enigma folder when you copied the files inside, did it replace the old files or do the old files still remain in the folder?

reset the project in boinc, then start from fresh. close boinc and make sure all tasks stop running then copy over the new files

Last edited:
Associate
It seems for me for reasons currently unknown the stock is faster. ~90 minutes with the linked client, ~50 minutes with the stock.

Aye, exited and stopped before copying files, resetting each time to get new work units.

Associate
How does the client know which "enigma_x.xx_windows_intelx86.exe" version to use?
I put the optimised app in the folder and got rid of the newer version but all the app did is redownload the 5.32 version. Is this correct? Sorry for the noob queries, I hardly ever use Bionc.

Associate
Currently trying to run up on a second machine i've crunched BOINC on before, but it tells me there is no work available for my type of machine? Running Arch 64 bit. Wonder if a particular component is missing?

I don't know much about Linux but usually if there's something not installed, you'll get a warning message of some description or work units will crash out rather than just not being able to fetch any work - at least that's what I have had before when I needed to install a component.
I wonder if Enigma actually only targets certain distributions, it seems very odd that the newest Ubuntu distro gets no work whereas 12.04 does, and the server distros don't get work at all.

Soldato
what times is everybody doing? my i5 at 4.2 is averaging 10 to 15 mins per WU running only 75% of the cpu and the amd opterons @ 2.1 are averaging around 1 hour ish , some less some more. just wacked them upto 2.7 with turion power control.

I keep getting 1 second power cuts in my area , my desktop pc is fine it turns back on, but the server doesn't so unless im not here then it doesn't get turned back on till im home or awake !

I can only imagen tips with his 5960x running at silly high clock speeds will do very well here :D

Last edited:
Associate
My Haswell-E at 2.3GHz is averaging a tad under 30 minutes per WU (Haswell-E optimised app, WIn10), my L5639s at 2.2GHz-ish take a little over an hour (Ubuntu 12.04.5 stock app), GF's i7-2670QM seems to be around 17 mins per WU (SSE3 optimised app, Win10). This is based on the 30pt WUs.

Soldato
My 2600K is at 4.5GHz and takes 950 seconds. (30 point wu)

Only using 7 cores for enigma though as leaving a bit spare for running the FAH program though that may be stealing some cycles still

2nd rig is a 3570K also at 4.5GHz and that takes 750 seconds (30 point wu)

Back
Top Bottom