Kayne West begs Mark Zuckerberg for $1bn

Soldato
Kanye West says provocative stuff to get publicity and it works a treat, when he's interviewed and not promoting anything he comes across as pretty switched on and down to earth. He's not short of self awareness of how he is perceived in the media etc.

I also think there is a lot of frustration that he put in a load of work before he was eventually taken seriously in rap, and that same work hasn't necessarily translated into mainstream acclaim. That fuels the whole Taylor Swift thing as she has come to embody commercially successful white artists being awarded over critically successful black ones. Adele and Taylor Swift getting Grammys over genius albums like My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy or Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp A Butterfly. I'd go mental too.

Caporegime
Kanye West says provocative stuff to get publicity and it works a treat, when he's interviewed and not promoting anything he comes across as pretty switched on and down to earth. He's not short of self awareness of how he is perceived in the media etc.

I also think there is a lot of frustration that he put in a load of work before he was eventually taken seriously in rap, and that same work hasn't necessarily translated into mainstream acclaim. That fuels the whole Taylor Swift thing as she has come to embody commercially successful white artists being awarded over critically successful black ones. Adele and Taylor Swift getting Grammys over genius albums like My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy or Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp A Butterfly. I'd go mental too.

West has 21 Grammys himself....not exactly short of critical acclaim.

He should not be jealous by any means and instead, he should be gracious of other people who wins or has won.

Caporegime
Hard not for rap albums to win the rap categories though. Both the albums I mentioned were more deserving than the actual overall winners.

That's fine, if you were a part of the academy for the Grammy that's where your vote would go but I guess the majority disagrees with you.

But give credits where credits due, since you are saying rap Grammys are easy to win so that makes Swift's country albums to win at the age of 18 even more amazing and then to change over to pop and win again surely deserves credit also.

Soldato
That's fine, if you were a part of the academy for the Grammy that's where your vote would go but I guess the majority disagrees with you.

But give credits where credits due, since you are saying rap Grammys are easy to win so that makes Swift's country albums to win at the age of 18 even more amazing and then to change over to pop and win again surely deserves credit also.

No, I'm saying rap albums win rap Grammys... I would expect an 18 year old country singer to be more likely to win a country Grammy than the various alternatives. I don't expect you to give an objective opinion on Taylor Swift, but the majority of critics would agree with me.

Permabanned
Actually Kayne has a point,
Zuckerberg really thinks that if you pump cash into Africa then all the sad face people will magically start an African silicon valley :)

Globally people have already been doing this for decades with variable results, so why does he imagine his 0.01% is going to change anything?

He's already tried this social engineering experiment in California and failed, at least if he bought into Kayne's business ideas then the money stays in America, and not in some African warlords pocket.

Both these people are full of their own grandiosity, and this is why they will both fritter away their massive potential on vanity projects.

-

Soldato
West has 21 Grammys himself....not exactly short of critical acclaim.

He should not be jealous by any means and instead, he should be gracious of other people who wins or has won.

taylor swift is pants. all this debate happened when she won an award over beyonce if i am not mistaken which is bloody redicolous.

Adele is fine i think she is decent but a bit one directional. All her songs sounds the same and i dont think she writes her own songs if i am not mistaken.

Kanye gets a lot of hate from loads here which is wrong. all his antics are just that. antics. when he gets interviewed on a serious level, he is down to earth.

i saw a video of him getting interviewed in the airport a few days ago and he was way way down to earth.

Also listen to his new album.

the song ultra light beams is a classic lyrically. You wont ever see taylor swift write her own song about the tragic events happening in the world etc because her songs are shallow as ****.

Infact many pop songs are!

Kendric lamar and West are on top of their game

Soldato
taylor swift is pants. all this debate happened when she won an award over beyonce if i am not mistaken which is bloody redicolous.

Adele is fine i think she is decent but a bit one directional. All her songs sounds the same and i dont think she writes her own songs if i am not mistaken.

Kanye gets a lot of hate from loads here which is wrong. all his antics are just that. antics. when he gets interviewed on a serious level, he is down to earth.

i saw a video of him getting interviewed in the airport a few days ago and he was way way down to earth.

Also listen to his new album.

the song ultra light beams is a classic lyrically. You wont ever see taylor swift write her own song about the tragic events happening in the world etc because her songs are shallow as ****.

Infact many pop songs are!

Kendric lamar and West are on top of their game

You do know what 'pop' music is, don't you?
Thanks for pointing out that pop is often shallow...

Swift won an award for best video that year. Its a subjective thing. Her video might and was better than that of Beyoncee in the mind of the jury.
Adele writes her songs.
Hard to listen to Kanye rapping about hard times in the world when he is selling clothing at thousands of dollars an item.

You clearly are a very big fan of his, just like Kanye is. He is a man who loves Kanye very much too.

Caporegime
I cant believe how brilliant and comfy the yeezy350 sneakers are! they are one of, if not the most comfy shoes i have ever worn!

Yeh I feel the same about my trainers too, thing is I didn't go and ***** £100 odd quid on them though. Spent £40 on them, Kanye is an utter idiot and I wouldn't spend a single penny on any of his stuff which includes clothes, trainers or his frankly ridiculous music.

Soldato
Yeh I feel the same about my trainers too, thing is I didn't go and ***** £100 odd quid on them though. Spent £40 on them, Kanye is an utter idiot and I wouldn't spend a single penny on any of his stuff which includes clothes, trainers or his frankly ridiculous music.

Wtf. Many premium addidas and nikes cost more then a 100. I got mine in retail price not resell value.

Adele songs mostly sounds the same. Kanye writes and even produces his own music and tries to vary his style.

So much hate on Kanye when there's far worse musicians out there

Soldato
Kanye may write and produce some of his own music but the past has shown several incidences of plagiarism.

I think arguing Kanye vs Swift or Adele is a stupid argument as it all comes down to personal music taste.

Caporegime
No, I'm saying rap albums win rap Grammys... I would expect an 18 year old country singer to be more likely to win a country Grammy than the various alternatives. I don't expect you to give an objective opinion on Taylor Swift, but the majority of critics would agree with me.

Swift didn't win a Country Music Grammy when she was 18. She won Best Album of the year when she was 18, that is Best Album of the year of all the genre at the Grammys. She is the only female artist in history who has won 2 Best Album of the year, and she is only 25, and both came in different genres (not that if it make any difference).

And Jonny, Swift writes all her music, you are not the first person who I have had this debate before nor the first who thinks she has some ghost writer. I could quote Time Magazines or the Guardian review of her albums and their opinions of her song writing (which have always got good reviews), I could repeat myself again if you like but she has song writing awards at the Nashville Songwriter's Hall of Fame for like 7 years. So both the industry and critics acknowledges her song writing. I find that the people who are dismissive of her music and accuses her of either can't write or don't write her songs don't know enough to comment.

As for Pop Music is pants, that’s your opinion and I think most rap music are utter garbage too but where does that take us with the debate? Nowhere. It just opinions.

Also, does Kanye West actually writes all his songs. Swift actually writes (or has writing credit) on every single song she has ever put out with her name on it.

Soldato
Also, does Kanye West actually writes all his songs. Swift actually writes (or has writing credit) on every single song she has ever put out with her name on it.

Doubt it considering previous spats with artists he has worked and collaborated with. He was also accused of plagiarising some Foreign indie films trailer, music video was taken down and edited within days of its release due to the similarities drawn between it and the film.

Back
Top Bottom