Show us your kitty cats

Associate
Shadow staring intently while I was eating a Burger King

D61476A3-15B2-4389-8880-12DB193B6AF0_zps5wrytms5.jpg

Soldato
Try doing it when you're not holding a treat in your hands.

My cat will also sit when I tell her, when I'm holding food, but she will just as happily sit without being told, in the same situation. The cat is more likely just waiting to be fed than obeying a command.

If you can repeatedly get it to sit, on command, at any other time I'll eat my cat food! :p

You better get your knife and fork ready! :p Poppy also does it without treat in hand. I'll post a vid when I get round to it.

Soldato
I just stood over her and kept saying sit whilst holding the treat. Eventually she would just sit, probably out of boredom waiting for the treat, as soon as she did though I gave her the treat. I kept doing this and it didn't take long for her to work out the words sit, followed by her doing the action, resulted in reward.

Associate
I just stood over her and kept saying sit whilst holding the treat. Eventually she would just sit, probably out of boredom waiting for the treat, as soon as she did though I gave her the treat. I kept doing this and it didn't take long for her to work out the words sit, followed by her doing the action, resulted in reward.

Sort of tried that, she forgot I had a treat in my hand and wandered off till I called her over again.

Take a treat and put it over their head so forced to sit back and follow the treat much like dog training and then introduce the word

*claws* I'll try this, not easy as she gets really excited about most things that are for her and tries to take them from my hands, I'll need to clip them again as they are sharp enough to draw blood. :(

Associate
Phoebe dosent like the rain, letting you know how much she disproves as she runs down the garden crying, so when she comes back in she likes to be dried with her own towel for comfort....dare not take it off her until she is finished, or she will bite !! :)

DSC_5464.jpg

Soldato
Took Holly to vets today for monthly weigh in - she has lost 270g - Down to
6k 27g

Couldn't say I noticed when lifter her out of carrier.

The Vet put her on 54g of food a day but it was stressing her out along with us - every time you got up she would run after you hoping to be fed -- she was constantly hungry - In end we feed her half of what she was getting before diet - seems to be working - Goal is 3kg :eek::eek:

Soldato
Took Holly to vets today for monthly weigh in - she has lost 270g - Down to
6k 27g

Couldn't say I noticed when lifter her out of carrier.

The Vet put her on 54g of food a day but it was stressing her out along with us - every time you got up she would run after you hoping to be fed -- she was constantly hungry - In end we feed her half of what she was getting before diet - seems to be working - Goal is 3kg :eek::eek:

3kg sounds too low unless she's a small cat. Ours was at 6.8kg when we first got him (5 year old rescue) and were told 5kg is a good weight for him.

Associate
Here's my Kitten Evie and a month ago she was on heat and a few toms started coming into our house. In the last week her stomach is getting bigger and she's much lazier than before.
Yesterday noticed a few lumps in her stomach so in my professional opinion she's pregnant. Will take her to the vets to get checked properly.

Soldato
sorry but why? there are already many of thousands of kittens (and older cats) waiting to be re-homed in rescue centres. plus neutering reduces risk of cancers and contracting FIV from random wandering Toms.

Back
Top Bottom