Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
I have two contracts (two properties) for 50mb plus a £5 sim thing someone got me to take.

I've noticed I'm due to be upgraded to 70mb in march.

Would it be worth talking to someone now or afterwards about a better package.

The upload speed of 3mb plus throttling limits is bugging me.

Soldato
how did u get hub 3? are you a trialist or something? i want one :(

When I spoke to the tech on the phone he just offered it. He said they are offering it to some people on 200 meg as it might solve my issues. It's yet to turn up. Virginia just automatically cancelled my engineer visit too believing it linked to an area fault which is a shame.

Soldato
i just rang to get phone line taken off my bill as i don't use it. last bill was £48 with £3 of phone charges so £45 a month for 152mb and basic phone.

Told them its too much for what i get, so they upgraded to 200mb broadband and keep the phone for £40 a month for 12 month contract +£10 for a new hub.

I've no plan on leaving as the next best broadband is BT 76mb for £43 a month.

Asked them to match my Sky tv package to see what they could do. All channels + Sport/movies HD they wanted £114 per month!!

I pay sky £40 at the moment due to discount that ive had 2 years running.

APM

APM

Associate
I have two contracts (two properties) for 50mb plus a £5 sim thing someone got me to take.

I've noticed I'm due to be upgraded to 70mb in march.

Would it be worth talking to someone now or afterwards about a better package.

The upload speed of 3mb plus throttling limits is bugging me.

I would recommend you do nothing until you have confirmed the 70Mb upgrade.
I was offered a similar thing but then renewed my contract and doing that will delete your eligibility for the speed boost so,from the horses mouth if you like,get you speed boost done and dusted before you do anything else or it could disappear.

Associate
I would recommend you do nothing until you have confirmed the 70Mb upgrade.
I was offered a similar thing but then renewed my contract and doing that will delete your eligibility for the speed boost so,from the horses mouth if you like,get you speed boost done and dusted before you do anything else or it could disappear.

I had the speed upgrade from 50mb to 70mb, and then negotiated a deal on 100mb at a reduced price. Effectively "lost" the free speed upgrade, as they dont offer it on the new packages, only on those who are on the older packages. I dont think it would have made any difference to the deal I got if I hadnt taken the free upgrade beforehand.

Soldato
my contract is up in a month or so, and im tired of paying £53 for 150mb, tv and a phone line I dont use.

What have people been able to haggle for just broadband? Anyone been in a similar position recently?

If not, where else would you go for just fibre bb?

edit, just read above, £27 seems like a decent haggle point :)

Soldato
Question for you all

I have a white VM hub, not sure what sort though - is there any way of finding out?

Oh and still sitting pretty with 225dl and 15mb upload with no issues or slow down :)

EDIT - it looks like the one in this image here http://www.uswitch.com/broadband/news/2015/09/virgin_media_s_new_superhub_router_has_early_preview/

SH3, flip it round and does it have two phone connections on the back (RJ11's I suspect)? Looks like my source was correct with the Manchester comment ;)

Associate
I suppose it depends.

We basically have a FTP style conection, and based on some of the rural guys on here who have had FTP installed 400mb to 1gb should be do able?

So its the newer one?

Nice :) Might explain the constant high speed, low ping and lack of drop out :)

Soldato
Just thought i'd ask if my bill is reasonable, just reading through and seems a bit varied.

I've dropped down from 150mb with weekend calls to 100mb with basic of basic calls.

Was paying £57 now with the 100mb i'm not on £37. Seem reasonable?

I have some credit on my account as my internet has been up **** creek for the past couple of months.

Still haven't been told what the issues was but my internet would drop to about 8mb every evening between 6-10pm. was told it was over utilisation, then told it wasn't. It seems to have cleared up a bit now, but still haven't found out what the problem was. The ticket that was open for it was just closed with no real notes on it.

Although we got a month for free it stills seems a bit high. Was comparing it to a bundle on HUKD where you could get 150 for like £30.

Spoken to retention's so many times I can't even tell you. Is there anyway i could push it for more?

Soldato
Just thought i'd ask if my bill is reasonable, just reading through and seems a bit varied.

I've dropped down from 150mb with weekend calls to 100mb with basic of basic calls.

Was paying £57 now with the 100mb i'm not on £37. Seem reasonable?

I have some credit on my account as my internet has been up **** creek for the past couple of months.

Still haven't been told what the issues was but my internet would drop to about 8mb every evening between 6-10pm. was told it was over utilisation, then told it wasn't. It seems to have cleared up a bit now, but still haven't found out what the problem was. The ticket that was open for it was just closed with no real notes on it.

Although we got a month for free it stills seems a bit high. Was comparing it to a bundle on HUKD where you could get 150 for like £30.

Spoken to retention's so many times I can't even tell you. Is there anyway i could push it for more?

ive just got 200mb broadband and M phone package for £40 per month.

I would properly cancel and go through with it over the phone. they will call you a week before they cut you off to give you a deal.

Back
Top Bottom