Top end Produced albums for Headphone Dancing

Soldato
Check him out,you 'll change your mind.
:)

If you want a stick to measure your bass against try that guy.
Another Wobble fan here :). He was one of two people that made me want to be a bassist. PiL's Poptones is one of my favourite songs ever.

Speaking of which, I can recommend an album by my other bass influence: Mick Karn. If ever I need to remind myself of why I paid silly money for my headphone system, I put on his Concrete Twin album.

Well recorded and mastered, it's a challenge for headphones: natural sub-bass & thick low-mid stereo bass at one end, fast transient percussion at the other, and lots of space in the mids where you can't hide bad imaging or separation.

This YouTube example isn't sonically perfect - listen to that mp3 warble right at the beginning :eek: :( - but it should give you an idea.

Soldato
Doesn't really need saying but Anything by Queen and the Doors are exceptionally produced imo.

Chris Botti Live in boston is great for picking out details and understanding soundstage

Original Release of RATM RATM the Remaster is absolutely awful.

And a recent discovery which blew me away not really a dancer but an emotional rollercoaster in particular Time Lapse > Fuori Dal Notte > Fuori Dal Mondo

Ludovico Einaudi: Portrait (Deluxe Edition)
by Angèle Dubeau, La Pieta

for deezer users http://www.deezer.com/album/9677850...&utm_term=563386531_1456304552&utm_medium=web

song I really have been enjoying on headphones is Little People - Eminence Grise https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8xv5faBWEQ good chilling tune

Last edited:
Soldato
Anything by Einaudi is staggeringly good. The same goes for almost any orchestral works - they dont have the mantra that LOUDNESS IS ALL THAT MATTERS, unlike most modern producers.

This one will require some Google-ing, but if you can find the pre-master version of RHCP - Californication then I can pretty much guarantee you some eargasm, especially in 10,000kbps FLAC....mmm....

P.S. TwsT, check Primavera out by Einaudi - that one song is an emotional rollercoaster in its own right.

Soldato
Loving

Beyond Skin :D

Yes, as well as being great music, it's exceptionally well mastered and recorded. Just the sheer sound of it grabs me when I have my music on shuffle and a track from it comes on.

For a studio recording, it's also an excellent example of something with depth to the recording soundstage. Paired with either speakers or headphones with good audio imaging, it's stunning.

Associate
Doesn't really need saying but Anything by Queen and the Doors are exceptionally produced imo.

Chris Botti Live in boston is great for picking out details and understanding soundstage

Original Release of RATM RATM the Remaster is absolutely awful.

And a recent discovery which blew me away not really a dancer but an emotional rollercoaster in particular Time Lapse > Fuori Dal Notte > Fuori Dal Mondo

Ludovico Einaudi: Portrait (Deluxe Edition)
by Angèle Dubeau, La Pieta

for deezer users http://www.deezer.com/album/9677850...&utm_term=563386531_1456304552&utm_medium=web

song I really have been enjoying on headphones is Little People - Eminence Grise https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8xv5faBWEQ good chilling tune

Good Shout on Little People - Really enjoying that..

Permabanned
Explosions in The Sky - Earth is not a Cold Dead Place.

Be hard pushed to find a better modern album that goes against the loud wars.

+

Paul Simon - Graceland : original version - 25th anniversary remastered is a disgrace.

Soldato
Fragile by Yes

Musicianship is off the charts and there are so many tiny details to pick out.
Listening now on my AKG K702s, it was worth doing the port mod as Chris Squire's bass really growls on "Heart of the Sunrise".

This and Steely Dan's "Can't Buy a Thrill" were always my go to albums (actual vinyl LPs) back in the 70's whenever I wanted to listen to some new bit of equipment and they still stand out today.

Soldato
Furious Angels by Rob Dougan

One of my favourite albums. Orchestral meets drum beats and bass lines with bluesy vocals. Might not be everybody's cup of tea, but I think it's a combination that works brilliantly. There is release with second CD that has instrumental versions of most of the tracks, but I have a feeling that won't appear on streaming services.

I'm liking the Little People - Eminence Grise track, posted by Twst. Going to have to check more of their work out. :D

Back
Top Bottom