Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
I pay £37.99 for talk weekends and 200mb Broadband.

I cancelled the TV and wen't with a Sky half price offer.

I need a word with Sky as well, because that costs a bloody bunch too.

I would like 200mb but its not worth the extra 14 quid a month they want.

ive just got 200mb broadband and M phone package for £40 per month.

I would properly cancel and go through with it over the phone. they will call you a week before they cut you off to give you a deal.

Im a bit of wuss, probably pay double to stay with them, only issue is when i got the £37 quid deal i think it was a new 12 month contract.

I guess ill just have to have another moan.

Cheers! :D

Soldato
Just joined virgin.
Went from sky basic broadband to 50mg with talk weekend.

Equates to £18 a month.

Wow what a difference. :D
Also the Hub 3 looks sexy.

Associate
Hi peeps I work for VM (field engineer), any questions just pm or ask in here. Anyone who would like mates rate deal pm me!

I'm currently out of contract and would love a mates rate deal :) I would also like to find out whether or not the Tivo box is going to be upgraded soon? It's just so slow and so very dated. Trying to load Netflix through Tivo takes forever.

Soldato
Hi peeps I work for VM (field engineer), any questions just pm or ask in here. Anyone who would like mates rate deal pm me!

I have just purchased a brandnew Hub 2ac router off ebay to replace my Hub 2 but i'm not getting any internet. Is this due to a router being locked to a connection or could it just be faulty?

Permabanned
I have just purchased a brandnew Hub 2ac router off ebay to replace my Hub 2 but i'm not getting any internet. Is this due to a router being locked to a connection or could it just be faulty?
You've been had. The MAC address is tied to account so it's about as much use as a brick.

Time to chase a refund through Paypal, unless they've mentioned in the listing that they are useless to anyone but the person it was originally supplied to.

Soldato
tbh why would you want a 50MB connection? seriously, how often would anyone actually have a NEED for that kind of speed? imo 2mb is more than enough for the average joe & 10 or 20mb fine for advanced users.

Any time where you want to download a big chunk of data.

Sure you'll use the download speed for only a brief moment but that's when you want it.

So game patches, movies, streamed video, applications.

With enough time any connection will do it but the better your connection the faster you can get from wanting something to getting it.

Soldato
Any time where you want to download a big chunk of data.

Sure you'll use the download speed for only a brief moment but that's when you want it.

So game patches, movies, streamed video, applications.

With enough time any connection will do it but the better your connection the faster you can get from wanting something to getting it.

Seriously??? quoting an 8 year old post. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom