*** Official Kodi (née XBMC) Thread ***

Soldato
Thanks to those that recommended the 4K Amazon box, it's buttery smooth running Kodi, it's lovely :)

The stick is still a worthwhile piece of kit for the price, but I wouldn't fancy using it as a main.

I have the old one and the new 4K one, they are really good for the money in my opinion (I purchased them both when they had £15 off). 4K is slightly faster on the kodi menus but no difference I've noticed on playback.

Soldato
Need some help guys, just put OpenElec on my HTPC, if I shutdown/restart I get no audio, changing the audio source in Kodi settings and back again resolves it. However if I put it in suspend when it wakes the sound is fine.

It's a HD6450, HDMI straight to a TV currently.

Incase anyone is interested/has the same issue it has been fixed!

Had to add radeon.dpm=0 to the extlinux.conf

Permabanned
Anyone managed to get the new long press feature working with a harmony remote? I'm using a harmony smart but long press doesn't seem to do anything. For example long press of the OK button is supposed to bring up the context menu but it only seems to act like i've done a normal short press.

Using a HTPC with Win 10 and the new official release of Kodi Jarvis.

Associate
Fancy trying kodi out but not sure which device to choose to run it on. We have prime for a year so I suppose the fire tv box would be the obvious choice.
Not sure if I'll be renewing prime though and also I take it I can't use Google play on it.

Maybe a compute stick maybe a better choice or an android box?

Caporegime
Fancy trying kodi out but not sure which device to choose to run it on. We have prime for a year so I suppose the fire tv box would be the obvious choice.
Not sure if I'll be renewing prime though and also I take it I can't use Google play on it.

Maybe a compute stick maybe a better choice or an android box?

I recently bought the Fire Stick, and Fire 4K and have to say both are good for Kodi.

If you have Prime, and are considering renewing it's a no brainer.

Soldato
Raspberry Pi 3 just been released FYI.

Although I've got one on the way, will no doubt have to wait two months for Openelec to provide a build. Do any other RPi owners use something other than openelec? OSMC?

Associate
I loved my Pi2, but the problem I had was wanting Kodi, Netflix and Prime video in the one place. I ended up with a Fire TV box (gen 1 so i can use digital out), which is fantastic. The Plex app doesn't perform well, but Kodi works really well, even with 1:1 Blu rips with additional transcoded LPCM sountrack (which was the reason I couldn't get on with a Pi 1).

Back
Top Bottom