Raspberry Pi - $35 Linux computer

Don
ThePiHut
We're currently working on getting all order picked, packed and shipped. With the overwhelming success of the Raspberry Pi3, our dispatch times are however suffering. To counteract this, we have brought in a temporary workforce to help! As soon as your order ships, we'll send you a confirmation email.

If your order was placed before 7pm (GMT) on 29/03/16 - rest assured that your order has not gone onto back order and the stock is here in our warehouse, we'll be shipping it out as soon as humanly possible.

If your order was placed after 7pm (GMT) on 29/03/16 - please note that the "buy" button was swapped for a "Back Order" option, we're expecting more Raspberry Pi 3 early next week, and your order will be shipped from this batch.

Kind Regards

Emailed them to chase up my order, had this response :)

Soldato
Any recommendations for a RasPi 3 image? I'm having trouble booting from a standard NOOBS card that I ordered, not sure so far what the problem is. Getting the rainbow screen at boot, adding "boot_delay=1" to my /boot/config.txt hasn't helped.

Soldato
Ordered mine on Monday from RS-online.com and it delivered by ParcelForce yesterday in a large cardboard box with loads of airbags!

I have had an account with them since I ordered my first Raspberry Pi, which came in handy, as they offer free next day delivery.

Haven't had a chance to check it out yet unfortunately as I am tied up with a PC project at the moment!

Soldato
Last time I order anything from the Pi hut, still waiting on my two ordered before 9am on Monday to even be dispatched. It seems unless you paid for DPD then you were disregarded and forgotten about.

Soldato
Mine arrived this morning :)

Full_Size_Render.jpg

Soldato
Last time I order anything from the Pi hut, still waiting on my two ordered before 9am on Monday to even be dispatched. It seems unless you paid for DPD then you were disregarded and forgotten about.

I chose 48 delivery specifically because i was working Tuesday so wouldn't be in, didn't realise when you choose 48 hour delivery it means it wont be dispatched for at least 48 hours.

Soldato
I chose 48 delivery specifically because i was working Tuesday so wouldn't be in, didn't realise when you choose 48 hour delivery it means it wont be dispatched for at least 48 hours.

Same here, just assumed it would be Wednesday when at home. Ordered by 8am Monday morning so must have been in the initial orders but it's close of play Thursday and still not been dispatched. Funny how they didn't tell us they weren't prepared before they took our money.

Soldato
I notice a lot of people here are using the raspberry pi 3 for htpc.

Just wondering if there is any advantage in using a raspberry pi 3 vs buying a android/openelec box. (eg: a amlogic 802 box w/2gb ram is ~£30)

Soldato
I notice a lot of people here are using the raspberry pi 3 for htpc.

Just wondering if there is any advantage in using a raspberry pi 3 vs buying a android/openelec box. (eg: a amlogic 802 box w/2gb ram is ~£30)

My guess is flexibility. If you want to use it as something else it's as simple as putting another Micro SD card in. They're also more fun than those let's be honest :p.

Back
Top Bottom