block shed height

Ish

Ish

Associate
Hi

I've looked at the planning portal site and can see that I'm allowed a maximum height of 2.5m to the eaves as I'm building close to the boundary.

What I'm not clear on is what if I'm building on a slope. How much higher can I go at the rear as due to being on a slope the rear is going to be higher.

Overall size will be about 4m x 5m.

Associate
They would take the 'eaves' height from the side of access usually.

So for example of you were building a garage on the slope & the short eaves side was the garage door side then it would be measured there.

Ish

Ish

Associate
OP
It will end up that the entrance side will be 2.5m to eaves but the rear will end up being 3.3m as the slope is downhill from entrance.

I've been googling this and it seems that on a slope they measure distance to eaves from the ground that is highest on the slope which means I will be ok.

Soldato
Isn't the limit 2.5 metres in total if you're within 2m of boundary?
Doesn't mention eaves in that bit:

- Maximum height of 2.5 metres in the case of a building, enclosure or container within two metres of a boundary of the curtilage of the dwellinghouse.

Associate
It is 2.5m to the eaves within 2m of a boundary for a dual pitch roof. Roof ridge can be 4m. More than that then you need planning approval.

Back
Top Bottom