BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
[TW]Fox;29250458 said:
Who on earth mentioned the M3? :confused:

The M3 is a complete irrelevance, you need nearer £20k for one of those.

Who on earth mentioned the cost of an m3? :p Or in fact there wasn't a need to state the ST220 isn't a supercar. Of course we know it isn't.

Associate
[TW]Fox;29249744 said:
My success ranges from several thousand pounds to a straight refusal to even drop a tenner off.
Seems to be my experience is they all cry at a tenner off. Wouldn't mind as much if they weren't taking the **** with their part ex value on my current car. Would love to know how Xs2man managed to get a grand off!

Soldato
They just gave me it. I didn't even ask. But the BMW dealer was from the same group as the Audi dealer who I had just returned a 3 month old A4 to because it was terrible on fuel, and I lost a good few grand in the process.

nas

nas

Associate
Just dunno if I'm jelling with this car I have now, looks awesome, feel good to step in and out of but it just doesn't give me that buzz when driving, think I just bought it because of the name, somet flashy-ish.

Given I only drive a car when I fancy going on a hoon/drive, I think I might of picked the wrong car.

Starting to think I should have gone for a VXR8 or Evo 10 or somet daft like that.

Great car, nice to drive but just doesn't have any character if you know what I mean. The ST220 made me grin every time I took it out for a thrash. Not regretting anything, maybe a bit of sun might change my mind, we'll see.
snap, i ended up swapping my e92 for a mk5 gti.

Soldato
I've conflicting views on this. Most agree that the ride quality is worse on the M Sport, but that is only because of the larger wheels and low profile tyres. The suspension on the M Sport is supposed to be better though.

Transmission breaker
Don
Decided against an estate and went to go look at a 750i today, 2006 with 49000 miles.
Looked immaculate.
Drove beautifully.. Am I mad? It's up for 9k, seems about right from a small dealer price.

I'm factoring in 1k a year on warranty wise cover as BMW want 2k a year for a comprehensive policy!

Maybe I should just put 1k aside each year and use that if any problems crop up?

Soldato
I would agree not much character with "lesser" BMW's Rybo, granted mine is only a 120d but it is very "normal" but that is one of the great bits I am liking about it. Smooth and comfortable, handles really quite well without being crashy or putting any effort in but that doesn't make the handling fun...

However, everything about it makes it a great daily for me at the moment. The fact it's not too sporty, stiff or crashy is why it suits. I would love this AND a toy though :)

If your BM is not for you, then you need to go a step further as I am surprised you found the Mondeo so much fun really. I have driven a few and couldn't find any reason as to why I'd buy one. Perhaps you need boost again.

Last edited:
Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
Does anyone have any experience with cancelling a BMW Insured Warranty part way through the policy? It's renewal time and chances of keeping the M3 for the full 12 months are slim. Don't want to go for the monthly option as that costs more in the long run, but if BMW make it easy to cancel a policy and get a refund for the remaining period then that would be the way to go.

Soldato
Does anyone have any experience with cancelling a BMW Insured Warranty part way through the policy? It's renewal time and chances of keeping the M3 for the full 12 months are slim. Don't want to go for the monthly option as that costs more in the long run, but if BMW make it easy to cancel a policy and get a refund for the remaining period then that would be the way to go.

Not sure tbh I had the monthly on my e92 m3. I would think given it's an insurance policy that you'd be refunded for the balance on early termination. Probably best to give them a call tomorrow to confirm.

Soldato
I rarely drive my 330d e90 now since we sold my wifes car, and tbh weve managed just fine as I get a use of a van from work, anyway I was in it yesterday went to overtake someone on a dual carriage way and there was a distinct lack of pull, theres no warning lights on, no smoke or undue noises so i'm not sure what it could be.

Obviously without getting it on a diagnostics theres probably little I can do but was wondering if anyone has suffered something similar?

Its a 06 231bhp auto, with 106k on it now, it has full bmw history and I've had it serviced 3 times in my ownership and was due to go in around may this year. I can still here the turbo spooling but maybe not as much as before, I'm not sure if its the turbo or not as i'm sure it wouldn't pull as strongly as it does but its just lacking the kick it had, problem is until her new car arrives hopefully in the next week or so she needs it (until it blows up!) to get to work.

I'm hoping, its either something like a faulty maf or maybe a split pipe? Typically I didn't renew the warranty last year having said that its about a year since that came up so that was going to be £800

Caporegime

Your keeping the car effectively now short term but are worried about the long term cost of the warranty.....

I'd think more about how much you'd kick yourself having already paid into the warranty to find yourself needing it prior to selling but after cancelling if you follow me, I'd ponder that one.

Sam

Sam

Soldato
My M135i is due a service soon, its the big one and i have been quoted just over £700. From memory I'm sure I've seen a good comparison site for BMW servicing so i can check my local dealers - does anyone remember the website?

Thanks

Sam

Sam

Sam

Soldato
[TW]Fox;29253810 said:
Http://www.bmw-service.co.UK.

Wasn't your car new? Amazed you didn't opt for service inclusive, it would have saved you loads!

Yes but from memory it was about £850 for the 3 years and i think when i worked it out i was only very marginally better off. However because the car had a new engine just before its first service this will be the first service that I'm actually paying for ...

Yep...£550 for service inclusive on M135i (5 years/50,000 miles).

I would have taken that but when i went to purchase mine it had just been increased which didn't really make it worthwhile :(

I'm going to get it for the M2 providing the sums add up ...

Back
Top Bottom