Where would we be without WARS??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Right, i was just thinking, where the human race today would be witout war? I believe that many things we take for granted today were developed for military use. Anyone know any more about this??

Mal

Soldato
Almost everything we have, even the internet, depends on research in readiness for war, as well as space exploration. The Shuttle technology brought us the non stick frypan, a godsend in it's day, now taken for granted.

Wars are nature's way of controlling population expansion. Were it not for wars in the past imagine how overpopulated our planet would be today. Harsh and cruel, but it works for Mother Nature.

Soldato
Nuclear power would be a good one. ICBM's spurred on the space race. Spy satellites became TV broadcasting satellites.

There is prolly a lot more as well.

Soldato
Who is to say that private companies would not have developed these things anyway, if not faster, had it not been for war?

Transmission breaker
Don
Originally posted by r1cko
Who is to say that private companies would not have developed these things anyway, if not faster, had it not been for war?

rubbish, neccessity is the mother of all invention. Only governments have the funding to get these sorts of things off the ground! (well, and a few choice companies :D)

Permabanned
Originally posted by Malt_Vinegar
neccessity is the mother of all invention.

Rubbish :p

If that were true we would only have ever invented what was necessary. That would never have included farming, houses, roads, sewerage systems, shoes, need I go on?

Transmission breaker
Don
Originally posted by MrCrispy
Rubbish :p

If that were true we would only have ever invented what was necessary. That would never have included farming, houses, roads, sewerage systems, shoes, need I go on?

lol, we needed somewhere to live, so we made houses...
we needed to get rid of sewage, so we made sewers
we needed more food, we made farms
we needed to stop our feet getting damaged when walking, we made shoes...

Need i go on?

Associate
Originally posted by IceBus
Super glue wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for the Vietnam war. You've never wondered why it sticks skin together so well?
Just had a look on Google, seems field hospitals and MASH units used to it quickly close wounds in Vietnam. And here I was thinking it was used in an offensive purpose :o

Permabanned
Originally posted by Malt_Vinegar
lol, we needed somewhere to live, so we made houses...
we needed to get rid of sewage, so we made sewers
we needed more food, we made farms
we needed to stop our feet getting damaged when walking, we made shoes...

Need i go on?

We needed somewhere to live so we built brick houses with bathrooms, jacuzzis, showers, central heating etc because our caves weren't luxurious enough.

We needed more food? What because the supply we had wasn't enough? No, because the supply we had wasn't EASY enough and we are fundamentally lazy.

We needed to stop our feet getting damaged, like all the other animals (that don't wear shoes) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom