**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Soldato
The adapter which came with it to do the smart switch was pretty handy, worked a treat.

Overall impressions so far: I love it. I love it. I love it! :D

Soldato
anyone managed to crash theirs yet? ;)

I've done twice now, first the app section blacks out then the status bar goes poof and then the phone refuses to do anything until you hold the power button for a few seconds and restart it.

both times while navigating in app, fast!

Associate
So coming from my iPhone 6S Plus. Hardware is out of this world, screen is beautiful and it's just a better device than the iPhone. Apple really need to think about the ip7.
Software, not so much. Yes, there's more freedom and you can customised but it's just not as polished as iOS. Massive icons and letters in front of contacts in messages, all seems very messy and I'm not sure what to do.

Do I stay with this device or keep my iPhone?

Soldato
So coming from my iPhone 6S Plus. Hardware is out of this world, screen is beautiful and it's just a better device than the iPhone. Apple really need to think about the ip7.
Software, not so much. Yes, there's more freedom and you can customised but it's just not as polished as iOS. Massive icons and letters in front of contacts in messages, all seems very messy and I'm not sure what to do.

that's the awesome thing -;

change the theme from the theme store
get a new messaging app
get a new keyboard
get a new icon pack

etc etc :) you can change it all.

Soldato
Speaking of crashing, I wonder who will be the first hardware casualty, posting "Dropped the phone today, cracked the back :(" :p

In all seriousness though, hopefully no one.

I really dislike cases and want to get rid of mine asap but I really don't want to mess it up xD I've managed to keep my z3compact in one piece with glass back and I hope I can do the same with s7..

on that note, any leather sleeves/pouches around? I can see the low quality chinese ones but I'd rather get something higher quality :o

Soldato
I would never go without a case. I get to admire and handle the bare phone quite a lot anyway during my work as I have to remove the cases to plug headphones in. But the phone is too vulnerable and slippery to risk 24/7 without protection. I also like the feel and aesthetics of my Spigen cases.

Soldato
Did any other Vodafone users not get the GearVR included in the with their order? I just received the handset. I think perhaps I'll have to call them and find out.

Soldato

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
so mrk, you got Samsung's latest and greatest, what do you think of it?

Very impressed with it. Samsung has finally reached a level some people never thought would be reached. There are a few things I’m getting used to and/or find tedious, such as accidentally touching one side of the edge screen causing something to be pressed or a keyboard key to be touched while quickly typing…
I also don’t use the Edge panel much, I have enabled just the compass, RAM usage and Data usage bars. Everything else I had customised via Nova gestures and things anyway and I don’t intend to change that.

The camera is really excellent. The amount of light it picks up and is able to focus with is pretty insane and puts the speed of the Z5 to shame in most cases.

The QuickCharge 3.0 Anker wall charger doesn’t play ball with the Samsung Wireless Fast charger though. When charging the charger will randomly flash the blue LED and the phone will say it’s wirelessly charging again. Plug in the Samsung mains adapter and it’s fine. I imagine it’s also fine with the Aukey QC2.0 adapter too but will test tonight. USB charging from all the adapters show Fast charging without issues though. Seems the Samsung wireless fast charger needs strictly QC2.0/Hybrid fast charging blocks attached.
It wirelessly charges faster than the Z5 does wired and the Z5 has a smaller battery and is supposed to support QC2.0 as well…

The AMOLED screen is warmer in colour tone than the Z5 (tweaked white balance), getting used to this but the clarity is great. Battery life is as we all expected, excellent. I used it for several straight last night from a full charge and at 48% was on 4hrs 44mins screen on time. That was installing, configuring, using VR, transferring files and so on.

I don’t like that when I enable vibrate only in the sound slider, the phone will vibrate for app notifications when those apps have been set to not vibrate in their settings (e.g.: GMail). ON the Z5 this works great, only apps that have the Vibrate checkbox selected will vibrate in vibrate mode, all others will remain silent.

Soldato

nova launcher :p

Back
Top Bottom