*** Sony Xperia Z5 ***

Soldato
I've uploaded the latest firmwares to Google Drive. Old firmwares included if you want to roll back.

Use this guide to flash the firmware. Note the part about installing the drivers on Windows 8/10. You need to allow unsigned drivers.

I'm flashing the IT ROM now......

edit: Forget to set debugging mode. Won't have time to flash now before I go leave for home.

edit2: Even though Flashtool gave me a warning before it finished about debugging mode not being enabled the update completed. Now on version 6.0. I didn't check any off the wipe options, all apps and settings untouched.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Running sweet here. Play Services needed an update after a restart but all good. Performance is definitely better, not that it was bad anyway. Scrolling is smoother everywhere too.

Soldato
Nice surprise this morning, plugged in my Sennheiser Momentum IEMs and all the buttons function correctly. I have never been able to get the middle button to work on a Z3, Z3 tablet or the Z5. tried most of the button apps etc. The middle button would increase the volume, the other Vol +/- buttons worked OK.

The IT ROM doesn't have any regional apps or any non-Sony bloat. I don't think I will flash a UK ROM when it becomes available.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Few changes I've noticed so far. The screen recorder has an updated UI, the editor has a new UI and some new features I've not seen before.

Also the fingerprint manager screen is all new and seems more accurate too and faster. Now when you are in the screen itself showing added prints, if you touch the sensor then the fingerprint that the finger touching it is paired will pulse which I think is really neat. Previously the screen never pulsed under that paired finger, so if you don't label your added fingers accordingly, then you have a big list of "Fingerprint 1, 3, 4 etc.

Soldato
Nope not me, z5c with Three sim. Sim free phone.

I have a z5 compact, purchased it off network and with an ee sim. No sign either.

Anyone with a compact had it yet?

Nothing for me either Z5(E6653) unlocked with O2 Sim card.

If you're SIM free you'll have to wait for the Customised UK ROM. Not sure how operator ROMs get released before as I thought they would be based on the UK ROM.

Keep an eye on XperiCheck, when it appears start mashing the update button :)

Soldato
Why does this always happen to me, major update comes the day after I sell a handset....... Happened with lollipop on my Z3, then 6.0 on my LG G4 and now the Z5...

Can anyone confirm it allows to use the sd as internal storage? I may go back as I believe both Samsung and LG wont allow this, I know it did on the Z3 concept and also on the HTC's

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Google doesn't want OEMs using Adoptable Storage for SD cards on non low end handsets, so OEMs are obliging to this. I'm gonna put my Z5 on the MM for anyone interested later.

Soldato
Google doesn't want OEMs using Adoptable Storage for SD cards on non low end handsets, so OEMs are obliging to this. I'm gonna put my Z5 on the MM for anyone interested later.

S7 Edge yeah? I'd be tempted by the Mi5 but in all honesty I should have gone for a Nexus rather than a Z5, updates on tap and all.

Associate
any good deals going for z5 on contract?

kicking myself as about a month ago vodafone were doing unlimited texts/calls and 11gb for £28.50 but its gone back to £36 :(

Back
Top Bottom