**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Soldato
So I haven't charged mine since 4PM Wednesday! still has 29% left.

1d 15h 41m so far, with an estimated 13h left.

Bearing in mind I haven't used it as my main phone yet, but that includes lots of demos with the Gear VR. Almost 2 hours of screen on time.

Standby time is so much better than my S6

Soldato
Thanks, looking at the e10 and Panasonic

I'd also get either some Comply or Inair memory foam buds for them, they help block out sound/stop sound leakage whilst giving a more snug fit so they don't fall out.

Both can be found in the rainforest but make sure you choose the right ones for the headphones you get.

I've got the E10's as well and use Comply Isolation 400.

Associate
Has anyone tried using Smart Switch from a Nexus 5X? I just can't seem to get it to work.

Took delivery of my new standard S7 yesterday... thoroughly impressed with the phone as a whole so far after having a play but I'm not using it as my main until today as I'm waiting for my TPU case to arrive.

Back on topic, I also had the same problem with trying to use the Smart Switch between the S7 and my old OnePlus X - both devices recognize that they are connected to each other but the S7 says that the other device needs to be media transfer enabled to which it already it.

I've put it down to the fact that I think the Smart Switch only works between Samsung phones, as when trying to download the app on the OnePlus X it says that it is not compatible with the phone.

Liam.

Associate
Battery is crazy on this phone, 1 day 3h 55mins and 3hrs 44 on screen. Still have 40% left.

Wow that seems huge. Edge version? What usage?

Personally yesterday I did full charge from 7 am, plugged back a 11 pm with 38%. It was with ~1:30h of web browsing and texting all day. But I forgot to check Screen On stats. :o

Associate
Can anyone who got the minor update please confirm the update version? I received my S7 Edge from Samsung on Tuesday but haven't gotten any update, have tried manually searching for it. It doesn't seem to be listed on SamMobile yet either.

Mine is baseband G935FXXU1APB2 and build MMB29K.G935FXXU1APAW

Soldato
Wow that seems huge. Edge version? What usage?

Personally yesterday I did full charge from 7 am, plugged back a 11 pm with 38%. It was with ~1:30h of web browsing and texting all day. But I forgot to check Screen On stats. :o

Yeah edge version.

Was on VR , Facebook, Web browsing. Taking pictures and video. Few phone calls , text messages . Normal stuff really

Last edited:
Soldato
Can anyone who got the minor update please confirm the update version? I received my S7 Edge from Samsung on Tuesday but haven't gotten any update, have tried manually searching for it. It doesn't seem to be listed on SamMobile yet either.

Same version no update for me

Soldato

Mine after the update - EE handset

Hk6d20H.png

Back
Top Bottom