Black Desert Online

Associate
Think I am going to step away from this.

It's good, very good, confusing at the start but you just get sucked in.

1 am log off times have killed me this week because i just cant get enough.

Associate
Last night I ended up running around and cancelling all of my nodes so I could re-arrange them to connect Olivia to Velia and Velia to Heidel in order to organise some trade routes and paths for my workers to collect potatoes, wood and ore.
They were a little bit all over the place initially as I pretty much invested any node I walked by...

Is there a better way to clear your invested nodes?
It's quite a lengthy process to visit each node manager to remove the nodes. I read somewhere about being able to remove nodes remotely via the map but can't seem to see anything.

Also started getting a worker to construct my first raft in Velia, I was going to go for the ferry but figured it can wait until I'm a bit more familiar with what I'm going to do in the long term.

I'll next be in game on Saturday as I'm out for my usual Thursday/Friday activities.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'll have to have a closer look at the map, I was playing around with it for about 5 minutes before I gave up and decided to walk all the way to each of the node managers.

You can only withdraw from the last node in the chain that isn't connected to two nodes. Then repeat the process backwards until you get them back.

The withdraw contribution button is available on the map.

Associate
the games extremely good
its got the age old addictiveness of playing wow and daoc for the first time

prepare to rip ya hair out in confusion

few things to mention this is all generalisation an some is a bit different

quests only give exp upto level 10 after this to level up you gring mobs they are all very high respawn rates

quests theres apox 10,000 in game an it feels like there all on the starter areas quest rewards are things such as points towards crafting, nodes, mounts, and the ever needed bag space slots!!

also if you do one alt upto 20ish get all the bag space slots it works for all your alts but then another alts can then do the quests same quests so you get more or double bags slots

Soldato
I do enjoy the fishing in this as a way to make silver. Also, with low graphics settings, it runs on my laptop very well so I can semi afk fish whilst dosing on the settee watching TV.

This, to me, is the best mmo in a long long time. The only problem I have is I want to play this and The Division and that's a lot of gaming.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
It was fun up til the Orcs.
Got 2 chars up to that level (quests are level 28) and burned out on both right there. Game goes into grind overdrive at that point but with elite mobs that take ****** ages to kill, and that's not for me.

As said there are a lot of other good things in the game, but not enough that's truly original. It feels the same as any other mmo, just slightly different.

Last edited:
Permabanned
It was fun up til the Orcs.
Got 2 chars up to that level (quests are level 28) and burned out on both right there. Game goes into grind overdrive at that point but with elite mobs that take ****** ages to kill, and that's not for me.

As said there are a lot of other good things in the game, but not enough that's truly original. It feels the same as any other mmo, just slightly different.

Go to the Orcs after you gain another level, you should have been at the monastery until 29-30 then went to Orcs.
I did the same thing on my Ranger, kept grinding on mobs that were higher than i should have been which made the game feel horribly grindy.

Edit - use this guide to get an idea of what you should be grinding on at each level http://2p.com/41167276_1/Black-Dese...Guide-Level-1--50-in-15-Hours-by-cindyhio.htm

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Go to the Orcs after you gain another level, you should have been at the monastery until 29-30 then went to Orcs.
I did the same thing on my Ranger, kept grinding on mobs that were higher than i should have been which made the game feel horribly grindy.

Edit - use this guide to get an idea of what you should be grinding on at each level http://2p.com/41167276_1/Black-Dese...Guide-Level-1--50-in-15-Hours-by-cindyhio.htm
Didn't have any issues with the normal orcs. It's the elite mobs that are a pain, and when you've gotta "learn" about them... you know the score, it takes ages killing one let alone many. One more level won't make a difference.

Permabanned
Yes but if those strong mobs are still purple it's a bit pointless grinding on them. Purple = 5 levels higher than you. Unless you have stacked accuracy you'll be missing them a lot which is why it's taking you so long to kill them and to learn about them.

I played on my Sorceress this afternoon from lvl 16 to 29 no problems as i don't move on until the next mobs will only be red anymore. I learned the lesson from the Ranger fighting purple mobs all the time, it's too frustrating and ends up much slower.

Soldato
Wow serious money in fishing then using trade routes... Afk fishing while im at work and remote access via phone to change fishing rod after durability is 0... landed me over 350k :)

Back
Top Bottom