What car is this?

Soldato
There were loads of coach builders back in the day which did custom bodywork; maybe a pet-project of a coachbuilder?

if it cannot be identified as something from production, then it must be custom, no?

Associate
It's not going to be GT6 based as the engine wouldn't fit under that bonnet. It is most definitely going to to be a low volume/custom build. My guess would be it is based on a Sunbeam Alpine Harrington Coupe

1961_Sunbeam_Harrington_Alpine_Hardtop_Coupe_Rear_1_zpsohmvlrpm.jpg

1961_Sunbeam_Harrington_Alpine_Hardtop_Coupe_Front_1_zpsvljuvhxx.jpg

It also look similar to the front of a Sabra

03_zpsgb1obeen.jpg

Associate
The headlights look like old ferrari's, that of the GTO (ish) and the bodystyle looks vaguely like GTB too.

Maybe a one off custom?

EDIT: maybe also front end MGB

Last edited:
Caporegime
Looks like something by Falcon to me, similar to a Bolwell. Basically I'm thinking it's a kit car.

Definite inspirations in there from the likes of Jensen and ac.

Last edited:
Soldato
Isn't this just a photoshop?

I mean just look at the chromaticity of the car. The top half is oversaturated blue, but the bottom half has absolutely no colour even though there is plenty of luminance.

You don't get this in an actual photograph. The car has been mashed up from various cars, then desaturated and recoloured.

Also look at the light bleeding through under the front wheel, it should be pitch black under there but there's specks of light coming through.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom