Picked up a future classic - Jeep Cherokee XJ

Soldato
Sold my 2009 Jeep wrangler last week and bough this 2001 Jeep Cherokee today :D
First thoughts are I absolutely love it. Always has a soft spot for the XJ Cherokees and since deciding to sell the Wrangler to put towards a Q7 for the family an XJ seem the perfect commuter/weekend toy.

Specs:
  • 2001 Jeep Cherokee (one of the last)
  • 4.0 petrol I6 (sounds beautiful)
  • 60th Anniversary edition
  • 2 previous owners (last owner bought it in 2014 from the lady who bought it new)
  • previous owner spent around £2500 (with receipts) on off road tyres, lift kit, snorkel (not even fitted yet), exhaust, full service etc. but only drove it 3000 miles due to working away
  • paid £2500

Future plans are possibly to add fender flares, a roof rack and maybe a light bar, although tempted just to keep it stock as I don't want to spoil it.

odvmvJAl.jpg

LWUUVj8l.jpg

1vQdBFHl.jpg

U9jTWBZl.jpg

Soldato
I had one. Loved it. Sofa on wheels, reliable, more toys than normal for an old car. Would go anywhere.

I read somewhere they made over 3 million of the AMC derived straight six engines and so it's no surprise they're bullet proof.

Soldato
OP
I had one. Loved it. Sofa on wheels, reliable, more toys than normal for an old car. Would go anywhere.

I read somewhere they made over 3 million of the AMC derived straight six engines and so it's no surprise they're bullet proof.

Yep, hugely popular and the consensus is that the 4.0 is bullet proof and if things go wrong the parts are dirt cheap.

Back
Top Bottom