**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Soldato
Specs are set by Google surely?

HTC's personal failures tend to be a slightly dodgy initial production run and a poor yet inventive (to a problem easily solved by everyone else) camera

Associate
The new M10 looks hideous from the leaks I've seen, if that's the design path they go with the new Nexus..

Talk about going backwards in design, they had a beautiful phone in the M8 which I still use to this day.

Soldato
Specs are set by Google surely?

HTC's personal failures tend to be a slightly dodgy initial production run and a poor yet inventive (to a problem easily solved by everyone else) camera
I'd assume that was the case yet Google had input on the 6P's design that had far larger capacities in the end. I was well in for that Nexus 9 until the storage was so heavily gimped.

I look forward to seeing what they pull out though as I've always maintained that the HTC One was one of their best products years ago and I'm hoping they can repeat that sort of design.

Associate
The new M10 looks hideous from the leaks I've seen, if that's the design path they go with the new Nexus..

Talk about going backwards in design, they had a beautiful phone in the M8 which I still use to this day.

Agreed. I upgraded from the One M8 to the Nexus 6P after seeing the leaked design for the M10 - there's no way I'm carrying around a device that could be confused for an iPhone!

Soldato
HTC's design team do seem to have lost the plot but Google bringing them into the fold for the forthcoming nexus device(s) can only be a good thing.
Hopefully means HTC don't go out of business and with Googles design influence (pixel c looks great imo) we should get a good device so long as HTC dont try and do somthing "unusual" with the camera!

Soldato
I think its good for HTC personally as they're struggling hugely as we all know. My only gripe with them is that they always produce a superb device but there is always ONE con to them all i.e battery capacity, camera sensor size etc. Hopefully they can get it right because I was always annoyed at their Nexus 9 tablet it's low storage capacity.

I agree with you and HTC need to turn their fortunes around and this if it turns out to be true may help reverse HTCs fortunes. They do have a habit of making strange decisions such as gimping the camera, battery, storage. Let's hope they actually make a decent device. We should know something in the next few months as HTC have two Nexus devices for this year. One 5" and the other a 5.5" device.

Soldato
I'd assume that was the case yet Google had input on the 6P's design that had far larger capacities in the end. I was well in for that Nexus 9 until the storage was so heavily gimped.

I think that was earlier with Googles heavy pushing of the cloud. The way storage options are coming back (helped by competition I think) may mean its over enough to offer us size options if not a slot.

I look forward to seeing what they pull out though as I've always maintained that the HTC One was one of their best products years ago and I'm hoping they can repeat that sort of design.
Faithful owner of the desire and M7 until the 6p came out so I agree in principle :)

Soldato
Hey guys, I'm planning on buying this phone today from Google. Can any of you recommend a tempered glass screen protector that doesn't cover up the proximity sensor? and maybe a usb to c cable (they're out of stock at google -.-) :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey guys, I'm planning on buying this phone today from Google. Can any of you recommend a tempered glass screen protector that doesn't cover up the proximity sensor? and maybe a usb to c cable (they're out of stock at google -.-) :)

Search "Minotaur Google Nexus 6P (2015) Tempered Glass Screen Protector " on rainforest.
Not sure about cable

Soldato
Search "Minotaur Google Nexus 6P (2015) Tempered Glass Screen Protector " on rainforest.
Not sure about cable

What type of fit is this protector? Edge to edge? does it fit well with a case? (I'm thinking about getting the rugged amor case). How long have you had it? Have you noticed any lifting since its first install?

Soldato
Just a heads up, £35 off via Google play store for both 6p and 5x
Thanks for the info. :) I've recently decided to get a 6P and was hanging on to be sure that I really wanted to. :p Saving £35 is what I must have been waiting for. ;)

I ordered at 20 minutes past midnight last night. I got a despatch notification at 10:45 this morning. How dare Google take so long to fulfil my order! And on a Sunday!! :D

Soldato
What type of fit is this protector? Edge to edge? does it fit well with a case? (I'm thinking about getting the rugged amor case). How long have you had it? Have you noticed any lifting since its first install?
It's a very close fit - less then .5mm around the edges. Had it about 2 months. No bubbles though I bought 3 as the first one I screwed up the install. I use it with a Tudia Case and its perfect fit. The spigen screen protector for the 6p is terrible - huge gap around the edge and lifts up at the bottom. This one is a far closer fit.

Soldato
Dropped mine without a case a few weeks back, gutted! Couple of lovely dints in the aluminium but very luckily, no damage to the glass! A small part of the pastic seal has just dropped out so it's time for a case!

What are people using? The Nexus 6P case on google looks very nice but it's £25! What do people think of the Spigen case for £9?

Back
Top Bottom