BMW and M Power Owners

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Best car Thomas, best gearbox. Best choice :)

I got my diamond cut wheels put on today. Really pleased with the gleam and shimmer in the night.

rps20160312_203601.jpg

Man of Honour
Yes, the M5 has gone.
Yes, I'm coming back to earth for a while.
Yes, bored with what was almost another 5 series (the 7th one).
Yes, a change of mind at the last moment.
Yes, we both want some topless fun...

So an F33 M Sport Convertible in metallic mineral grey, with oyster/dark oyster Leather:

Top on:

VCjTPj.jpg

Gg68qg.jpg

R68kMy.jpg

Top off:

o1bs8G.jpg

wy0rDa.jpg

3bAaoU.jpg

Man of Honour
Bits:

ogjdbI.jpg

dKDTHx.jpg

WMCmPK.jpg

PGFNm6.jpg

wOLQZa.jpg

The spec includes:

DAB digital radio.
USB audio interface.
Headlight wash.
Satellite navigation.
12V power sockets.
Front and rear park distance control (PDC).
Rain sensor with automatic headlight activation.
Bluetooth hands-free with USB audio interface.
Auto dimming rear view mirror.
Heated front seats.
Split rear seat.
Sports seats.
Velour floor mats.
Automatic air conditioning.​

A rather health list of options…

Fineline anthracite fine wood interior trim.
Adaptive LED headlights.
High beam assistant.
Automatic dimming exterior folding mirrors.
19" M Star-spoke style 403M alloy wheels.
Sport automatic transmission.
M Sport braking system.
Adaptive M Sport suspension.
Variable sport steering.
Front armrest with sliding adjustment.
Heated steering wheel.
Wind deflector.
Air Collar.
Extended storage.
Through load system.
Park assist.
Head up display.
Speed limit display.
Surround view.
Reversing assist camera.
Professional navigation with multimedia and assorted bits.
Harman Kardon surround loudspeaker system.​

Wind deflector up and ready to go…

ObHgpl.jpg

A pleasure to drive, very relaxed and adaptive suspension does take out the sting from some of our local roads.

Did someone say it was cold this morning. :D

Soldato
^^ Lovely car

First time posting in here picked up my Space Grey F11 530d M Sport yesterday, buzzing!

Will post pics and spec...

In the meantime, it's sitting there with 2014 maps :/

I've read a lot about US based services providing an FSC code etc. Wondering what you guys do to update maps? Any trusted sources?

Also will have a bit of work to sort out the dismal base speaker system. Any F10/F11 owners done anything themselves to upgrade?

Thanks

Caporegime
^^ Lovely car

First time posting in here picked up my Space Grey F11 530d M Sport yesterday, buzzing!

Will post pics and spec...

In the meantime, it's sitting there with 2014 maps :/

I've read a lot about US based services providing an FSC code etc. Wondering what you guys do to update maps? Any trusted sources?

Also will have a bit of work to sort out the dismal base speaker system. Any F10/F11 owners done anything themselves to upgrade?

Thanks

I'm curious about this as well. Mine are woefully out of date but think that's mostly down to BMW providing crap maps. I've mentioned on here before for example how mine is showing a petrol station that hasn't been there for 15 years and not showing roads that have been there for 10+.

Soldato

M4 or 435i convertible weren't in contention? It looks like a cracking car, not sure I could stomach going from an m5 to a 428i personally but enjoy!

Soldato
I put a couple of photos in the "show motors" thread but i'll put one here as I spent so much time in this thread reading about 135's and the like

My clean and shiny new M235. Very nearly Silver but in the end Blue, so glad, looked stunning today in the sun.

IMG6D_8107 on Flickr

Soldato
Gave the M5 a wash. Haven't bothered with clay or wax yet, and I need a new exhaust surround panel as the clips on this one are broken in the middle, so it sags. Other than that, it brushes up well!

amayCCJh.jpg
Enlarge

eIfPrxlh.jpg
Enlarge

AsWB1uGh.jpg
Enlarge

ip6zIsph.jpg
Enlarge

OB1dliNh.jpg
Enlarge

Last edited:
Transmission breaker
Don
I found out the rear headrests in the 750i are electric.. The buttons are hidden in the rear foldable centre console.
I was hoovering it up just happened to pull it down to check how clean it was and found some buttons!

Soldato
That M5 looks stunning. Amazing that thing is almost 20 years old :eek:

Is that an AC Schnitzer exhaust?

It's actually Schmiedmann, installed last weekend. Livens up the stock system considerably - no doubting that it's a V8 now! Sadly it drones between 1k and 2k, although is fine on the motorway (>2k rpm even at ~60 mph in 6th) so perfectly live-able.

Black trim on cars, one of the few things to actively date them. Such a shame that it was every put on!

I know what you mean, but on the other hand rubbing strips on a car as big as this can be pretty useful when parking up against walls and fences as you'll be damaging a £20 piece of plastic trim rather than respraying. Handy for that reason when numpties are afoot in car parks...

mjt

mjt

Soldato
It's actually Schmiedmann, installed last weekend. Livens up the stock system considerably - no doubting that it's a V8 now! Sadly it drones between 1k and 2k, although is fine on the motorway (>2k rpm even at ~60 mph in 6th) so perfectly live-able.
Ah, that'd be why the etching looked like a mixture of AC Schnitzer and Eisenmann :D

Back
Top Bottom