Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Soldato
The 220 is lethargic in 1st and then upto about 3k revs in 2nd but after that it's epic in 2nd upto 7k revs it's a really long gear. When going up slip roads to join motorways I would often leave it in 2nd till 60mph i found 3rd a short gear compared to it.
Even though my Focus ST is faster the acceleration in 2nd requires changing gear sooner than the Mondeo

Soldato
Is the ST220 clutch hydraulic or cable? My dad has the 3.0 V6 Titanium X same engine as the 220 and his clutch stuck to the floor twice on his way home and had to be pulled up! Think he's had slight grinding noise aswell. Could this just be hydraulic fluid problem? Or clutch failure? Any help would be great

Soldato
Could it be hydraulic fluid problem or possible clutch failure with it sticking down :confused: ever heard of this problem with the clutch on the 3.0 v6?

Associate
image.jpg

After 2 and a half years, figured out how to manually set up my radio stations so i dont have 3 radio 1's

Soldato
lol ^

i went to drive a volvo c30 t5 today and i'm sad to say, but the old man mondeo has so much more feels through the controls, the gearbox is nicer and the mondeo is slower, but tbh it does feel any slower. the disappointment was real :(

Associate
doing the coolant today, my radiator doesn't have a drain plug so pulled the lower rad hose off.

post-19492-0-07206700-1325947210.jpg

(not my picture)

while I was flushing it I noticed the connector was leaking, I pulled it on as much as I could and the leaking stopped, but it took little effort to pop it back off even with the retainer clip on.

inside the hose is a rubber seal, I'm hoping this seal expands and locks onto the pipe once its pressurized as it was a pain to get off when I first started.

any idea's?

Associate
Picked this up last May, first two pics are from not long after I bought it and had the wheels done in gunmetal, last pic is from today after a bit of a cleaning session.

25737138086_61a257cbc3_c.jpg

25132758164_4a1f7300e0_c.jpg

25463091980_50839349d3_c.jpg

Have had a bit of a love hate relationship with it but overall I'm happy with the car.

Edit: Wheels look darker above than they actually are:

25737135546_6d7704d7f0_c.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Each to their own :p

I've debated spraying them to match but I quite like them as they are to be honest lol

Cheers, overall it's in decent nick but drivers side passenger door has had a knock at some point which can be noticeable, will likely swap it out for another sooner or later, aside that and stone chip damage on the bonnet and front bumper it's pretty clean :)

Associate
Aye, silver can hide a lot of sins, it does have the odd scratch here n there but they're not too noticeable unless you hunt for them.

Someone decided to go along the passenger side with something which left a scratch from the front wheel arch to the rear quarter panel recently which I've tackled today and thankfully managed to remove completely as it wasn't too deep.

Associate
Could it be hydraulic fluid problem or possible clutch failure with it sticking down :confused: ever heard of this problem with the clutch on the 3.0 v6?

Any luck with this ? I don't think the clutch pedal has any kind of return spring on it, its all hydraulic, so if it sticks I'd assume a problem with the system, air/leak etc.

Soldato
It's been one big disaster lol. The clutch pedal kept sticking down and needing to be pulled back up but once it was moving it was accelerating fine so the garage started with the master cylinder which was the easiest job then he realised it was coming more from the slave cylinder which requires a lot of parts to be stripped off then when doing that the clutch was a mess so that's getting changed aswell :eek: it's been in the garage for 3 days.
Most change the flywheel aswell getting all this done but the mechanic was adamant it's fine so he's not changing that.
It's such an awkward job the clutch on the 3.0 V6 and requires hours of labour. Think he's looking at about a £800 bill.

Back
Top Bottom