My first website build attempt

Associate
OP
im using the x theme from theme forest, i think its pretty decent for someone who isnt a pro at this thing.
Comes with several nice features but i do like a challenge and im looking into making a personal website from scratch no cheating as such.

thanks all for your input.

Associate
Looks good but don't particularly like the flashing images on the front page, should be slower and less "in your face" , but that's just my opinion.

Associate
OP
thanks, my brother in law like it so that's the main thing i guess as he is the customer and im no pro lol.
Im not sure what todo with home page i don't like the large slider but only put it there to fill some room lol.

Soldato
It's good for a first attempt. Comments:

- The slider is unreadable on mobile.

- I would put the phone numbers somewhere in the header at the top of the page, so you can see phone number straight away.

- There is too much blank white space between the header and slider.

- I prefer proper photos rather than any stock image.

- You need text content on the home page. I would put the services offered and locations covered straight on the home page, it's better for SEO in my opinion. You could possibly then drop the About Us page, or alternatively put different unique content on it re services and location, which is a bonus for SEO.

- If your client is prepared to put their own photo on their website, this is usually a good idea for conversion performance.

Rgds

Associate
Consider using a CND for the likes of Jquery and other external JavaScript libraries to enable faster loading of the page.

I've only basic experience with Wordpress but consider moving any unnecessary scripts to the footer of the page.

If the content on the page is likely to remain static you can quickly run your css and javascript through a minifier & concatenate these files to reduce the number of requests you are making.

Associate
This really does not work well on my Sony Z3 compact

Far too much white space everywhere

Weird formatting on the contact form

I think the Ohm symbol in the header is too much

sorry :(

Soldato
I would also drop the ohm symbol from the logo, as it will then be cleaner and more readable. I also think you should consider lightening the grey of the logo text for greater contrast reasons.

Back
Top Bottom