US: 11.22.63

Soldato
Anyone started watching this. It's based on the Stephen King book, which I have not read but remember reading about when it was released.

As a big fan of other King based adaptations, the JFK conspiracy and cold war Americana this is ticking a lot of boxes for me.

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
It is pretty good. Starts off la ittle slow but it really gets going. The Gas station with miss meme was priceless. Lol

Bat

Bat

Associate
I loved the book. Fingers crossed that this doesn't follow the general trend of King books made into movies/series.

Soldato
I am liking it. I like the way JF is struggling with the past, aka the clash of lifestyle changes. Even betting is hard cause it's illegal and he bets too much which causes another story line. This has so many options....
I love time travel scenarios.

One thing I wonder is how old is the guy who owned the diner (with cancer)
In theory, he could be 30. He could have gone back 10 times, and tried to stop JFK dying, and thus spent 30 years for 2 minutes.

Soldato
OP
Tell me that the 6th episode isn't the last....that was a terrible ending if so. I am not averse to the story ending in that way, just the way it was done in the program was terrible compared to the standard of the rest of the show.

Soldato
8 episodes, from what I can gather.

Stopped watching it myself - but only because it couldn't have realistically offered me what the book did [I loved the slow, methodical wallowing in the time period, as well as the many King-universe references]. However, it's clearly a cut above the usual King TV adaptation :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Started watching, just about to watch 2nd episode, they really have done well going back to this 60s, I'm looking forward to the historical part of this

Great so far

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Show is really growing on me . It gets more insane as it goes along. Really enjoying it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom