What watch do you wear?

Associate
Thinking of buying this solar powered Seiko. I have a solar powered Gshock and having to not change the battery is great imho.

Rather than getting an automatic I was thinking this.

http://www.seiko.co.uk/collections/men/prospex/ssc015p1#.VuBTlPmLTIU

Anyone got one? What are peoples opinions. It will be more accurate I guess?

I'm quite fond of mine, although I hated the polished centers on the bracelet so I took a bit of scotchbrite to them for a nice brushed finish.
I can't say its any more accurate compared to my other quartz watches though.

Soldato
I'm in a need of a bit of retail therapy after a spot of less than good news yesterday. I'm thinking of either a Sinn or a Bremont, specifically:

Sinn U2 Tegimented
Sinn 756 UTC
Bremont ALT1-C cream dial

Any opinions? Not owned either a Sinn or Bremont before but I do have a bit of a thing for German watches at the moment. That said, the Bremont is rather special.
I'd opt for the U2, they are a lovely piece.

Caporegime
Associate
had this a few months

watch.png

Man of Honour
I've finally bought myself a speedmaster. Well I have reserved it and will be transferring the money tonight. It will take a few days to arrive. The speedmaster is quite special to me. I was born on 21st July 1969 during the Apollo mission. I toyed with the idea of finding a watch from 1969 but couldn't afford one in the condition I would be happy with. I also looked at the special editions but I far prefer the standard face.

A while ago I realised the Apollo 11 30th anniversary edition was perfect. It is unusual because the face is completely standard. But unlike the standard watch it has 21st July engraved on the back which, unlike 20th July when the Apollo mission landed, is the date of the first moonwalk and my birthday of course. The other words engraved on it are The Eagle Has Landed , which are the words I texted friends and family when my daughter and later my son were born.

Today I found one in what appears to be very good condition with box and papers at a small watch dealer in Italy (which is also the last country my father visited before he died).

So if all goes well then in a few days time I should finally have my perfect watch on my wrist. I don't wear watches and this is the only one I would consider. I've wanted one for years but always had something else to spend the money on.

I can't wait :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Found this at auction...

I love it. It's obviously only a quartz, but 80s Heuer in MINT condition. They want 500GBP for it... not sure I should or not... Though I think it's a classic.

Ex TAG Heuer Watchmaker myself, that's a really nice example! I see these all the time, battered. I know you will look after it but take extra care as these parts are now obsolete, dial, hands, bezel and crown. Even TAG Heuer won't provide for them.

Soldato
Found this at auction...

I love it. It's obviously only a quartz, but 80s Heuer in MINT condition. They want 500GBP for it... not sure I should or not... Though I think it's a classic.

if you dont buy it, send me a trust message to location of the auction, I would pay £500 for that in a heartbeat, it is a lovely example.

but as has been stated, it would need to be looked after, for reasons given

Soldato
I've finally bought myself a speedmaster. Well I have reserved it and will be transferring the money tonight. It will take a few days to arrive. The speedmaster is quite special to me. I was born on 21st July 1969 during the Apollo mission. I toyed with the idea of finding a watch from 1969 but couldn't afford one in the condition I would be happy with. I also looked at the special editions but I far prefer the standard face.

A while ago I realised the Apollo 11 30th anniversary edition was perfect. It is unusual because the face is completely standard. But unlike the standard watch it has 21st July engraved on the back which, unlike 20th July when the Apollo mission landed, is the date of the first moonwalk and my birthday of course. The other words engraved on it are The Eagle Has Landed , which are the words I texted friends and family when my daughter and later my son were born.

Today I found one in what appears to be very good condition with box and papers at a small watch dealer in Italy (which is also the last country my father visited before he died).

So if all goes well then in a few days time I should finally have my perfect watch on my wrist. I don't wear watches and this is the only one I would consider. I've wanted one for years but always had something else to spend the money on.

I can't wait :)

I really hope it's everything you expect it to be and more. I can see exactly why you would find it very very special for all the different reasons you list...............................enjoy, i know i would.

Soldato
if you dont buy it, send me a trust message to location of the auction, I would pay £500 for that in a heartbeat, it is a lovely example.

but as has been stated, it would need to be looked after, for reasons given

It's up at 950 at the moment, which is rich for my tastes, even though it's such a beauty of an example. I think the reasons stated, and it's rarity in condition probably make it worth the 1k it'll see, but not for me. Happy to trust you the location though if you like. Some other things there... though then it's competition... :p

Soldato
It's up at 950 at the moment, which is rich for my tastes, even though it's such a beauty of an example. I think the reasons stated, and it's rarity in condition probably make it worth the 1k it'll see, but not for me. Happy to trust you the location though if you like. Some other things there... though then it's competition... :p

yes it is lovely, but north of £1k for me is too much for a quartz ;)

Back
Top Bottom