***The Vapers Lounge*** 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Evolution vaping, £51!

Sweet, just nabbed one, gonna overhang 3mm on the snow wolf but i really cant afford or justify splashing out on another big mod just yet.

Gonna have to find a good un though, didnt think programmability and ss would be important to me till i got the snow wolf and now i wish i could program it.

Hell might even see about making a mod, single 26650 maybe, quick swap but then could implement usb charging without having headaches about balancing

Soldato
Given the space on the 30mm VCMT deck, you'll end up somewhere around 0.7-1.0 ohms due to big ass coils, so you'll likely want to be able to pump more then what a single 4.2v 26650 would deliver - 0.7 @ 4.2v is a mere ~25w, you'll want closer to 125w :p

The snow wolf should do you fine for now I would say.

Mine shipped this afternoon (top marks evolution, same day dispatch!!) so hopefully should see it by Saturday morning.

Soldato
That's one I was looking at along with a cheap kangertech.

Trying to find a velocity clone now as well for my RX200. Clones on amazon don't have the best reviews, and my usual place doesnt have stock.

I'd consider the twisted messes RDA dude, very good little RDA's although don't have the 2 post building deck.

I've tried both, couldn't pick out a favourite!

if you do decide on one, boldvape do them for £11/12

Soldato
Given the space on the 30mm VCMT deck, you'll end up somewhere around 0.7-1.0 ohms due to big ass coils, so you'll likely want to be able to pump more then what a single 4.2v 26650 would deliver - 0.7 @ 4.2v is a mere ~25w, you'll want closer to 125w :p

The snow wolf should do you fine for now I would say.

Mine shipped this afternoon (top marks evolution, same day dispatch!!) so hopefully should see it by Saturday morning.

Yeah, i'm looking forward to it, i've been giving this subtank rba some abuse manhandling and dry burning coils that are frankly too heavy for it and its starting to get a bit worse for wear.

Hopefully this thing should be a bit easier and tougher (or at least not as easy damaged)

Gee

Gee

Soldato
I wish you would actually try to help people rather than just pimp your own wears...

and no it's not the best you can get.. the best you can get is from http://www.avidvaper.com/velocity-v2-rda/

He specifically asked for a Velocity 'clone' - no one wants to spend $125 on the real deal.

Velocity Mini (Tobecco)

Velocity full size

FWIW I've always preferred the mini.

____

I hear GeekVape slightly changed the design of the Tsunami RDA that's due out soon.

I understand they did it to combat the cloned version that's already available online.

T3nrkEH.jpg

The only difference I can see is that the walls have been slightly thinned out? Maybe better engraving?

Last edited:
Soldato
For anyone interested, check out the wismec skyladon (mech mod) and geekvape avocado (half genesis half dripper). Picked up these a few days ago, and thoroughly impressed!

I've put a new build in the avocado every day and every one has been a stonker for flavour. I did a ~10 wrap 0.5mm SS316 3.5mm single coil, with long wicks touching the bottom of the tank, good. Next ~10 wrap 0.5mm kanthal 2mm dual coils, with the wicks pulled through into the tank but chopped as short as possible, better. Then quad verticals ~5 wrap 0.5mm kanthal 2mm ID, made by making two 11 wrap coils and pulling the middle wrap out, with a little finagling to ensure each coil was the same, wicks were pulled through into the tank and chopped to about half the length, about as good as the second build.

Best so far has been last night's though, a length of imperfect SS316 fused clapton wire I found in my drawer. 2x0.5mm, wrapped in 0.16mm, 6 wraps around 3mm, single coil, with the wicks chopped fairly short and tucked in like an aromamizer or dripper. Bit of a squeeze to get in (I'll use 0.4mm for my next), but it vapes beautifully on this mech, and rewicking will be much simpler as there's no tank disassembly needed. Just tilt to wet the wicks, pull out the bung to fill.

Not had a single leak with all of these builds too, even holding upside down and shaking. Only leak was while using it like a dripper and over-dripping it, so my fault :p

Very nice setup, the avocado sits flush, and for £40 for both, great value! Uh oh, I think I'm becoming one of those mech collectors...

edit: Did a little analysis of the skyladon too, with a 0.18 ohm build, battery at 3.84v, the volts across the coil is ~2.9v, giving a current draw of ~17A and internal resistance of the mech as ~0.06 ohms. Allows for much more power output than my dingo's 0.1 ohms.

another: Check this out too, totallywicked just got bubblegum flavour in, mum's all over it so in an attempt to copy it without buying any more flavours, I mixed this up, not spot on but surprisingly close to bubblegum and damn tasty all the same:

1.5% FA Orange
1.5% FA Strawberry
1.5% FA Meringue
4.5% TFA Banana Cream

d7Ddwyc.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
He specifically asked for a Velocity 'clone' - no one wants to spend $125 on the real deal.

Velocity Mini (Tobecco)

Velocity full size

FWIW I've always preferred the mini.

____

I hear GeekVape slightly changed the design of the Tsunami RDA that's due out soon.

I understand they did it to combat the cloned version that's already available online.

T3nrkEH.jpg

The only difference I can see is that the walls have been slightly thinned out? Maybe better engraving?

If you look closely at the positive post fitting, you can see the new version is flush to the bottom of the deck instead of raised, meaning ever so slightly more juice capacity.
The bottom airflow now appears to have a more bevelled edge too, maybe reduce whistling?

Don
Yay! My SteamCrave order has shipped. Should be here in a few days because I'm a mug and paid for DHL.

1 x Supreme tank (black)
2 x RDTA V2 (black)
2 x RDTA V1 - V2 upgrades (Silver)

Niiiiiice.

Soldato
Yay! My SteamCrave order has shipped. Should be here in a few days because I'm a mug and paid for DHL.

1 x Supreme tank (black)
2 x RDTA V2 (black)
2 x RDTA V1 - V2 upgrades (Silver)

Niiiiiice.

Nice!

Mine shipped from China via Singpost 2 days ago, probably another week atleast for me :p

Soldato
Think I got China post on mine, so another week at best for me too.

Got red carded for the vcmt today though :D

ooh, do let us know what it's like when you get it.

got dispatch through today so should be either tomorrow or monday when it arrives.

made up a length of ni200 clapton with some fishing swivels [dremel chuck has too much drag and twists the wire to breaking on its own] so i'm prepared for getting mine.

Associate
A friend at work vapes RY4 Nutzilla by FlavourArt. I'm not one to vape Tobacco liquids but this was delicious imo. They do pre-mixed liquids on their website - link

Flavourart RY4 Nutzilla is all I have vaped for over a year now. Great stuff. I buy the concentrate and mix my own 50/50 at 18mg. Much cheaper than buying the pre mixed. Also smoked L&B for 20 years before this so the sweet flavours were not for me. Particularly in the morning!

Hardware wise I have been settled for some time now after trying most of the options available over the last year - cartos to rebuildables and most stuff in between at not insignificant cost.

Aspire Triton 2 with IPV D2 on the 1.8s. Sub ohm ain't for me.
Innokin T18 - surprisingly fantastic. 14 watts of warm goodness in a great size.

Reliable, easy to use and no faff. Consistent results with a consistent taste and vape with the Nutzilla. Just like smoking :p

Associate
Loving the cleito and vtc mini combo, any recommendations on a second tank so I can switch up on the go? Or should I just drop the cash on another cleito?

...I know, I know, I should RDA. Just scared of burning my face off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom