A couple of clicks to helps a kid getting bullied.

Associate
OP
Thanks all for taking the time, that is more responses than I hoped for :)

Hey, at the end of the day this was a wee lift up for a kid and I think we all succeeded in doing that.

Soldato
This is why I love our community on here :). Just watched the video, it was great :), will add a comment and like it once I get on my phone as that has me logged in to my YouTube account. Keep encouraging him to do what he loves, I use to love RC cars and planes and would still do it if I had the time. It really does help in development of young people this type of hobby.

Bullies never win, he will realize this when he grows up too and appreciate what his farther has told him.

EDIT: Done. :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I liked it earlier and just commented. But as far as bullying goes it's inevitible in school. I was always taught to be a good boy by my parents and it terrified me that I might get into trouble if I fought back. Basically my parents gave me their best, but wrong, advice. But being a parent now I tell my son to never start a fight but be prepared to hit someone back and I will always support him. Getting beaten up for hitting back hurts a lot in the short term but in the long term they move on to someone else who isn't prepared to stand up for themselves.

I'd love to meet some of my old school bullies nowadays. Just try it now. Nearly 50 and lifting large weights in my garage most nights. Most of those idiots are probably fat and looking middle aged by now :)

Good luck to your son. Give him all your love and support.

Last edited:
Soldato
I wonder what it's going to do for the kids self-esteem when he realises he's only getting views because of pity rather than a genuine interest? Maybe he'll not care, because kids are young and fickle. But I would have thought it better for the father to help the kid make better videos rather than this.

Done, although I hope it doesn't backfire and the kid ends up getting bullied more out of jealousy.

I doubt the kids will be jealous of a thousand or so views, kids know all about Youtube and whatnot. But yeah, this will probably get more bullying rather than less.

Soldato
I wonder what it's going to do for the kids self-esteem when he realises he's only getting views because of pity rather than a genuine interest? Maybe he'll not care, because kids are young and fickle. But I would have thought it better for the father to help the kid make better videos rather than this.

I doubt the kids will be jealous of a thousand or so views, kids know all about Youtube and whatnot. But yeah, this will probably get more bullying rather than less.

Yes making better video will help, however, the kid won't know why he's had likes, but maybe it'll give him the strength to ignore the bullies.

Back
Top Bottom