iOS 9

• Thread starter Deleted member 138126
  • Start date
Associate
Cheers for heads up.

"""""""""""With this update your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch gain improvements to Notes, News, Health, Apple Music and a new feature called Night Shift that may even help you get a better night’s sleep by shifting the colours in your display to the warmer end of the spectrum at night. New features, improvements and bug fixes include:
Night Shift
When enabled, Night Shift uses your iOS device’s clock and geolocation to determine when it’s sunset in your location, then it automatically shifts the colours in your display to the warmer end of the spectrum and may even help you get a better night’s sleep.
Notes improvements
Protect notes that contain your most personal data with Touch ID or a passcode
Sort notes alphabetically, by date created or by date edited
When sketching, quickly bring up a fresh canvas with a two finger swipe or by tapping the New Sketch button
A new checklist button at the bottom of every note makes it easier to create lists
Show thumbnails instead of large images and attachments by long-pressing on any image or attachment in a note
Choose whether photos and videos taken within Notes are stored only in Notes or also added to Photos
Long-press on an Evernote Export file to import its contents into Notes
News improvements
New Top Stories section in For You highlights the most important stories of the day
Discover something great to read in Editors' Picks, a selection of channels and topics handpicked by our Apple News editors
Swipe left on stories in For You on iPhone to quickly share or save or swipe right for more options
Play video stories right from For You — without opening the article
Read stories and watch videos in landscape orientation on iPhone
Change the text size in articles to make reading easier
Health improvements
Related third-party apps for select data types such as weight, workouts and sleep are displayed in the Health app
Health dashboard adds support for move, exercise and stand Activity data and goals from Apple Watch
Easy access to Dashboard and Medical ID using 3D Touch Quick Actions from the Home screen
Third-party apps now have access to Activity rings and summaries from Apple Watch through HealthKit
Apple Music improvements
Add songs from the Apple Music catalogue to playlists without having to add them to your library
Watch music videos on iPad in full screen
See what’s playing on Beats 1 directly from the Radio tab — without having to tune in
Tap the name of the currently playing song in Now Playing to go to the album
See which songs are most popular on albums in the Apple Music catalogue
Photos improvements
Extract the still image from a Live Photo by tapping Duplicate which will give you the option to duplicate the Live Photo or just the still image
Improved download performance of full size original photos or videos stored in iCloud Photo Library
Share Live Photos between iOS and OS X through AirDrop and Messages
iBooks improvements
Adds the ability for iBooks to store your PDFs in iCloud, making them available across all of your devices
Adds support for downloading previously purchased audiobooks from the iBooks Store
Adds the ability to share your audiobook purchases with any of your family members using Family Sharing
New controls for reading Manga more comfortably with faster page turns and simple controls for enlarging text
Adds Apple Pencil support to highlight and save your favourite passages for later
Education improvements
Introduces a preview of Shared iPad that enables multiple students to use the same iPad at different times throughout the day
Adds support for signing into iCloud with Managed Apple IDs
Adds compatibility for the new Classroom app
New configuration options to control the organisation of apps on the Home Screen
New controls to determine which apps to show or hide on the Home Screen
Adds support for new restrictions for iCloud Photo Library and Apple Music
CarPlay improvements
Apple Music members now have access to their For You and New content in CarPlay
New Nearby screen in Maps to quickly find petrol, Parking, Restaurants, Coffee and other driving essentials
Siri speaks more concisely when reading back and composing messages in CarPlay
Equalised sound levels between different audio sources in CarPlay
Dolby Digital Plus
Adds support for playing video encoded with Dolby Digital Plus audio streams with support for multichannel output using the Apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter
Hardware keyboard improvements and fixes
Enables the use of arrow keys to navigate through lists in Spotlight, Mail and Safari
Enables the use of space bar to scroll in Mail
Improves performance when using the space bar to scroll in Safari
Adds the ability to bring up the software keyboard from the Shortcut Bar when a hardware keyboard is connected
Fixes an issue that could prevent unlocking an iPad using the hardware keyboard
Fixes an issue that caused hardware keyboards to become unresponsive in captive login pages
Fixes an issue that could cause the Messages input field to disappear behind the Shortcut Bar when connected to a hardware keyboard
Other improvements
Maps adds support for getting a highlighted view of destinations and stops for a specific public transport line by tapping on it
Maps now displays whether there are multiple public transport line options for each route suggestion
Wallet app adds the ability to view the app related to a card or pass in the Wallet app by tapping an icon on the card or pass
Apple Pay adds support for signing up for store rewards programs with Apple Pay at point of sale terminal
Podcasts adds support for fullscreen video playback
Activity app adds a new Workout tab with monthly summaries of key metrics and the ability to filter by workout type
Move to iOS now offers app suggestions from the App Store based on apps installed on your Android device
iCloud Storage adds proactive status information and in-app notifications to let you know before you run out of space
Two-factor authentication is now available for all iCloud accounts
Support for Spanish (Latin America) system language
Siri support for Finnish (Finland), Hebrew (Israel) and Malay (Malaysia)
Enterprise bug fixes
Resolves an issue that could prevent some VPP purchased apps from launching after being updated
Adds iCloud backup support for device-assigned VPP apps
Addresses an issue that could prevent certificates from installing correctly when updating configuration profiles
Fixes an issue for some IPSec VPN configurations that could cause the Internet connection to be interrupted after a VPN session was ended
Fixes an issue to prevent iBooks from emailing enterprise managed PDFs from unmanaged accounts
Resolves an issue for some Exchange users that caused Calendar to send multiple responses to the same invitation
Improves reliability for devices connecting to OS X Caching Server
Accessibility bug fixes
Improves 3D Touch reliability with Switch Control Accessibility option
Fixes an issue where VoiceOver interferes with speech after dictation
Fixes an issue where VoiceOver users could not write a review on the App Store
Resolves an issue where VoiceOver becomes unresponsive when receiving a phone call with a Bluetooth headset
Fixes an issue where large text was unreadable in Reminders
Other bug fixes, performance and stability improvements
Fixes an issue where manually changing the date to May 1970 or earlier could prevent your iOS device from turning on after a restart
Fixes issues that could prevent some iCloud Backups from completing
Fixes an issue for some users where Health data was incomplete after restoring from iCloud Backup
Fixes an issue where an inaccurate battery percentage could be displayed
Addresses an issue that prevented iMessage or FaceTime activation for some users
Addresses an issue that could prevent displaying the Phone interface while receiving a call
Fixes an issue that enabled overriding restrictions applied to mobile data toggle
Fixes an issue that caused notification settings to appear in the Watch app for apps that were not installed on Apple Watch
Improves reliability when using 3D Touch on the keyboard
Improves stability of the Phone app when setting up voicemail
Improves stability of the Mail app when your device is low on storage
Improves stability in Mail while using Mail Drop to send large attachments
Some features may not be available for all countries or all areas, for more information visit: http://www.apple.com/uk/ios/feature-availability and http://www.apple.com/uk/ios/updates/
For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222?viewlocale=en_GB"""""""""

--------------------

Soldato
Got it on my 6S Plus and Air 2 - Night Shift is exactly like F.Lux and I'm glad they put the ability to toggle it in Control Centre. I did my mum's iPad Air and 5C as well and it's on the former but not the latter.

Soldato
I like the idea of Night Shift. I'll be interested to see if it makes any difference to my sleeping.

I updated my iPhone 6, iPhone 5S & iPad Air 2 last night. I started the update at the same time on all 3 devices and the 5S was completed before the updated had even downloaded on the others. There was a difference in size but only about 20Mb or so.

Soldato
Updated last night - all seems good so far.

Night Shift has been a long time coming - it was one of two features I really missed coming from Android (I didn't want to jailbreak) so I'm glad it's finally been added.

V F

V F

Soldato
Andres Cantu
17 hours ago at 05:09 pm
This is starting to become the norm. Issues with every single update, no matter how big or small.

By the way, not the first time Apple pulls an update. Talk about embarrassing and unacceptable :(
Rating: 33 Votes

nezr
17 hours ago at 05:09 pm
all these beta releases and no one finds this out until now ? lol
Rating: 17 Votes

Apple is no longer the great company it once was.

Commissario
Bricked?
On older devices, iOS 9.3 requires users to input the Apple ID and password originally used to set up the device, which can lead to the device becoming stuck at the Activation Lock screen if the original account information can't be recalled.
On my mums iPad, it asked for the original Apple ID and password so I entered them.

Soldato
Yeah I keep getting asked to change my 4-digit password within 30 minutes. It's happened three times already.

That's on a 64GB 6 Plus as well.

Associate
Not great i take it my Ipad Air2 was ok as i dot think I’ve had any problems. Disappointed as usual that Siri is still terrible, the annoying thing is even my Scottish accent is understood really well. Siri knows what I’m saying but just offers a shallow experience of “what is the time” “What is the Weather” Set an Alarm for” If only it was half what voice attack can do on Elite.

Permabanned
Anyone else having the 9.3 issue of links not working? If I click on a link it crashes safari. Seems to be an issue being raised on the Apple forums :mad:

It's a real pain.

Soldato
Noticed in Apple Music artists albums that some tracks have a little star next to them, I'm guessing it means those tracks are the hits of said album, can't remember seeing this in previous iOS.

Back
Top Bottom