** HYPER X CLOUD PROMO CODE - hyperhs18 **

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
if you see me at the mobo awards. and you dont own a hyper x headset then you are a backup dancer.

so i have been told.

Associate
I've got a pair of these, be warned. They're so comfortable that I sometimes forget they're on my head and try to leave my desk while I'm still attached. Thank God for the extension cable

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
When did these sneak up to £65 retail?

that was the RRP.

sadly the way that kingston goes about their distribution of deal stock, it means that there are huge overlaps where pricing is all over the place.

we got to the point where the margin in the headset was just not worth selling it for and kingston stopped a bit and reset everything back the the original rrp.

deals are rarer than they were basically.

Soldato
that was the RRP.

sadly the way that kingston goes about their distribution of deal stock, it means that there are huge overlaps where pricing is all over the place.

we got to the point where the margin in the headset was just not worth selling it for and kingston stopped a bit and reset everything back the the original rrp.

deals are rarer than they were basically.

Right, that makes sense! It's just I always saw these hovering around £50 with some of the 'bigger' sales dropping to £39.99 that I assumed their retail was nearer £50. No harm meant :)

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
yeah the 39.99 price point was so far below cost it was silly.

kingston have sorted themselves out and stopped the whole market from price trashing itself into oblivion but the problem is that everyone remembers that they have been cheaper now so they only have themselves to blame.

never the less, in the current environment this is a storming price. even if the rainforest auto-matching ruins it a bit.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
price has gone back up temporarily and we will be offering the same deal with a voucher code which I will post up as soon as I get it live.

Associate
I own one of these (in fact I'm wearing it as I type this) which I bought from OCUK a year and a half ago and I gotta say... coolest box ever and most comfortable over-ear headphones I've ever worn (I can literally sleep in them).

But man do I hate the braided cables (damaged to the point where it's the cable inside are now exposed). It could die any day now. Also, no pair of headphones lasts longer than 2 years I've found. On my current HyperX, the right can (thank goodness it's not the left) has fallen off and somehow, one of the screws keeping it together has gone missing. Unfortunately, I can't find replacement screws and can't afford a full replacement. Thankfully, this pair is still clinging on to life. Maybe... just maybe it'll be my first pair of headphones to survive longer than 2 years...

So make sure you get spare screws with yours and hope the braided cables don't kill the wires.

Soldato
But man do I hate the braided cables (damaged to the point where it's the cable inside are now exposed). It could die any day now. Also, no pair of headphones lasts longer than 2 years I've found. On my current HyperX, the right can (thank goodness it's not the left) has fallen off and somehow, one of the screws keeping it together has gone missing. Unfortunately, I can't find replacement screws and can't afford a full replacement. Thankfully, this pair is still clinging on to life. Maybe... just maybe it'll be my first pair of headphones to survive longer than 2 years...

So make sure you get spare screws with yours and hope the braided cables don't kill the wires.

Many pairs of headphones last longer than 2 years. I have treated my HD598 horribly and they function perfectly.

Surely braid on the cables adds a layer of protection over the rubber insulation? Without pictures it's hard to help but cables are easy to fix/prevent from breaking.

And the screws will be a standard size. Once you know the size a replacement screw will cost pennies.

Back
Top Bottom