I've never built a PC before.

Associate
Long story short I got help and got a build I want to purchase from this site. However, I don't have any knowledge whatsoever and I'm scared to even attempt it myself despite all the help I can get.

For example, do I need to buy thermal paste etc when I buy my new motherboard and CPU? I CAN'T DO IT!

My question is, can I buy everything from this site and have them build all the parts before they send it out to me? Is that a thing which exists?

b4e920403917196a64b524c35646a3f4.png

Soldato
Pretty much all systems built by overclockers can be customised in that part of the shop site.
Select a system and click the customise button them select each component. The price will update accordingly.
Building a PC is not difficult. A few YouTube videos will explain everything.

Associate
The parts you listed are all very popular so there will be custom machines on the website that you can customise to make it almost exactly the same as what you have listed above, with maybe the exception of the motherboard.

If you do want that exact list of parts, try giving them a ring and asking them?

Associate
The good thing about getting your system built by Overclockers is that if anything fails, they will collect and repair it for you. If you buy the parts your self then the onus will be on you to diagnose and ship the faulty part back.

Soldato
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIF43-0mDk4

Watch the vids and you'll see it is not that difficult to build your own. Plus you can save some money. If you encounter any issues, you can always ask in here.

Buy the parts that you need to accomplish the tasks you wish to perform.
If you let us know what the main uses of this system will be, we can spec you a system to meet your needs.

Soldato
I'm sorry, what do you mean by this? Before I checkout to pay there's an option or what? I'm confused.

Hi

Yes Overclockers can build you a system to your own spec. You would need to post your basket in the pre-sales section first to get a quote and take it from there.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=117

In answer to your earlier question, you don't need extra thermal paste as it comes with the cooler. Just ask Customer services on how they ship the assembled pc, as they might leave the cooler off to avoid damage in transit (in which case you would have to fit that yourself).

Soldato
Well, you are in the right place to learn & or be guided on how to build.

I must say its one of the most rewarding* DIY hobbies

*Disclaimer: can get expensive & even very frustrating especially if you miss to plug-in some cable, etc & it doesn't boot up. But don't let me scare you :D

Soldato
As the other's have said - actually putting together a basic computer is very easy. By basic, I don't mean performance, I just mean staying away from heavily packed tiny PCs, custom watercooling, etc. If you can put together Ikea or Argos furniture, or build anything using Lego, you can put together a PC - relax! :)

The hardest part of building a basic PC is choosing components that will actually fit together, and you've already got that covered by asking on here before you buy anything. People around here are very good at spotting when a CPU cooler won't fit in a particular case, etc, so keep posting on here BEFORE you get your wallet out to ensure everything's compatible.

Where in the country are you based? If you're anywhere near me (Gillingham, Kent) then you can always pop over with your parts and I'll keep an eye over your shoulder while you put it together just to give you some reassurance. Honestly though, provided you take your time, watch a few YouTube videos, and don't try to force anything (if it requires more than a minimal amount of force, you've missed something or got something the wrong way round), you really can't go wrong without really trying.

Associate
Build it yourself its fun you can do it just research and take care its easy usually, nowdays you got 12 year old minecraft fans building pcs man.

Back
Top Bottom