FIFA International Friendlies ** spoilers ** [23rd - 29th March 2016]

Caporegime
really refreshing without rooney. more settled and understanding attack without rooney running around thinking he has to do everything thinking he's the dogs

first england game i've enjoyed in ages

YID ARMY

As with Utd(to a lesser degree) remove Rooney and put in someone making the right movement and it changes the team. If Rooney had played tonight he'd have slowed every attack, conceded possession poorly, not made runs into the box as much or in the right places, refused to run at the defence if he got the ball.

This performance was positive for the future but I still feel like Rooney will be shoved into the team for this euros, though I think at this point Utd will try and shove him off to China next year. MLS doesn't have nearly the money to match his wages. Either way a second season playing as woefully as he has and even money grabbing FA can't justify his inclusion any more.

Some of these guys, Dele, Dier, Kane, Vardy, they are the types of players England has always needed, forward thinking, not scared to attack, not scared to pass forward, not scared to up the pace of the game. Poch's influence on this England team is absurd. Dele with 2 more prem league years experience will looks like he'll be a hell of a player. Kane maybe with two more years consistent scoring, Dier with two more years experience in a key role, I don't think they'll win the next world cup but I think they can go and compete with a team based on those types of players and with less Rooney/Gerrard/Milner types involved.

Caporegime
The FA won't drop Rooney until he's at least broken all the records that they've been keeping him in the team for throughout his years of poor England performances and even then he'll be told to retire with a huge stage managed media fanfare.

Last edited:

smr

smr

Soldato
I had a conversation on someone's facebook wall with this complete **** at the start of this season , he said Swansea are a bigger club than Leicester and that Vardy will never score for England and doesn't deserve to be in the squad. So wish I had got a screenshot :D

Soldato
. Poch's influence on this England team is absurd.

there's definitely something in that. comes down to attitude imo taming ego's. players who didn't buy into it at spurs were shipped out. ferguson was a trail blazer in that management style, no matter who or the wage bill/past achievments etc play by my rules or you're out hodgson has to take the same approach

Back
Top Bottom