NZXT LAUNCHES HUE+ Digital Lighting Controller + FREE Giveaway Competition

Associate
OP
Sunday morning, Sitting on the couch playing the Sega Megadrive in my undercrackers I get a knock at the door.... DPD on a Sunday!? Really!?

nzxt_hueplus.jpg

Review will be up soon, just waiting for my RMA'd psu from Overclockers and then I'll get to work :)

Glad it arrived safe and sound :D

Associate
The kit is now in, Camera had a real time trying to focus. but you get the idea

I usually just have the lights on a solid colour, but they are truly, truly stunning
Outdid expectations for sure.

I had some nightmare issues though. some I don't want to admit (but will bear all). video review will be along soon :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The kit is now in, Camera had a real time trying to focus. but you get the idea

I usually just have the lights on a solid colour, but they are truly, truly stunning
Outdid expectations for sure.

I had some nightmare issues though. some I don't want to admit (but will bear all). video review will be along soon :)

Thanks Zeegy, that awesome looking good! :D

Soldato
Power comes via the 5v on a Molex so should be off when the PC is powered down. Only certain 5v circuits and 3.3v circuits stay open on soft off/sleep.

Associate
Can anyone comment on a query I have?

If I purchase one of these Hue units, do I have to use it with NZXT LED kits? Or could I use for example Corsair RGB fans, a Phanteks LED strip etc?

Soldato
Can anyone comment on a query I have?

If I purchase one of these Hue units, do I have to use it with NZXT LED kits? Or could I use for example Corsair RGB fans, a Phanteks LED strip etc?

The LED strip might work - check the NZXT site for pics of the connectors. The RGB Fans, presuming ML series, if you buy the triple pack with the little hub it does come with LED control extension cables but I'm 99% they are for the likes of an Aquearo etc not the 4pin this takes. I've got them at home... You wouldn't gain much over the one it comes with though other than the software control.

Associate
The LED strip might work - check the NZXT site for pics of the connectors. The RGB Fans, presuming ML series, if you buy the triple pack with the little hub it does come with LED control extension cables but I'm 99% they are for the likes of an Aquearo etc not the 4pin this takes. I've got them at home... You wouldn't gain much over the one it comes with though other than the software control.

Thanks, it is pretty much the LED's I would want to stay on when powered down. Currently I have cheap LED strips that are on permanently and I like the glow even when powered down so I would just want to ensure this also acts the same but with the software being on the PC I'm concerned the LED strips would shut off with the PC.

Associate
Seems expensive, I have just ordered a 2M NZXT white led braided affair. Don't have the multicoloured option but my monitor is already adorned with a multicoloured Chinese strip setup

Associate

Interesting. Cheers!

The setup I was planning was a Kraken X62, two NZXT Aer fans and a white LED strip. Dunno whether to change it up and get an RGB strip now though...

Back
Top Bottom