BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
A massive thanks to everyone who helped, especially Teenwolf and Gaygle. Deffo owe you both one.

Last night i swapped around the injectors and coded them and the car started up beautifully. Wasn't going to get excited until i started it up again today and took it for a drive, again it started up like it should and drove flawlessly.

Got my money back for the 4 injectors aswell. Happy days!

Thanks guys!

Great to hear you have got it sorted with help from the clever folks here, that is what this forum is about. :)

Soldato
Do the 1 series models not come with the newer and much much much better+nicer steering wheel? The massive airbag centre just looks gawdy on what is otherwise a sport trim level :)D) model. Barge steering wheels are for barges :p

The steering wheel changed to the smaller one in March 14 for all of the 1 series.

Permabanned
A massive thanks to everyone who helped, especially Teenwolf and Gaygle. Deffo owe you both one.

Last night i swapped around the injectors and coded them and the car started up beautifully. Wasn't going to get excited until i started it up again today and took it for a drive, again it started up like it should and drove flawlessly.

Thanks guys!

excellent :)

Soldato
OP
Seen this Z4 35i, quite tempted - AT link

It's been reduced it in a price a bit over the past week, just black is a pain to keep clean :(

Looks like a nice car, but personally I'd want to stick a warranty on it, and it's on the threshold of the lower priced warranty. Black isn't too much of a pain to keep clean, but it's bad for showing up swirl marks in the paint.

alx

alx

Soldato
Looks like a nice car, but personally I'd want to stick a warranty on it, and it's on the threshold of the lower priced warranty. Black isn't too much of a pain to keep clean, but it's bad for showing up swirl marks in the paint.

Yeah I want a sub 60k miler for the cheaper warranty.

Man of Honour
It's a bit 50/50 whether its worth it. The new wheel looks fresher but the none leather parts feel a bit cheap and nasty whereas the old wheel looks dated but is really nicely made.

They give with one hand and take away with the other :(

Soldato

Thanks guys!

Excellent news - long may it continue!:)

Associate
no reason to disbelieve you other than the fact it is an upgrade I think a lot of private owners would have done without hesitation by now and I am not aware of any, but I stopped taking as much of an interest in the forum when I got rid of mine last year

currently patiently awaiting the end of my golf r estate lease to get a comp pack M4, gonna be at least a year sadly before I can order one

been some cracking deals recently for a brand new to order m3/m4 comp spec for £52k

Soldato
[TW]Fox;29325308 said:
Odd, bmw wheels have been backwards compatible for years, people are even fitting F30 wheels in the E90s.

Could be an airbag incompatibility? The VAG range changed around the A4 B7 era from single stage to dual stage airbags, so it was difficult / expensive / risky to upgrade to newer wheels.

Associate
Got an e87 120d few months back, it has scuffing on the bumpers, lots of chip damage on the bonnet. There's also a large mark next to the badge on the bonnet, looks like bird poop damage has eroded through the lacquer to the paint.

Do you guys think its worth getting the bonnet resprayed and what would be the typical price for that?

Back
Top Bottom