Black Desert Online

Soldato
Looks like a very well made MMORPG but I find the cash shop / pay model very offputting. Pity.

What bothers you exactly? As far as i can tell from information available is that there is nothing game changing in there. Its cosmetic or QOL items so whats the issue?

Associate
was going to ask the same. I find it a better model than WOW I paid 8.99 a month for best part of 10 years, at least model I can choose to spend money on it or not

Associate
What bothers you exactly? As far as i can tell from information available is that there is nothing game changing in there. Its cosmetic or QOL items so whats the issue?

Whilst there would appear to be nothing game changing behind a pay wall the prices being quoted for costumes etc are quite steep, in my opinion.

Associate
I've got a guest pass available for anyone that's interested - contact me via trust and I'll send it over.

Edit: Key now gone.

Last edited:
Soldato
So we're however many weeks into the game and I have to say this game takes me back to my favourite, and most played, MMO's. I've switched main to sorceress, I usually enjoy scout/ranger classes but not so much here. Spending time using my ranger levelling up trading.

I'd still love to see DAoC's RvR with SWG's resource and crafting system in a game but BDO is a good compromise for me.

Soldato
Does anyone have a guest pass at all? I'm on the fence about trying this game. It sounds OK but there are some features I'm not sure about and I'd rather not have to pay full retail just to find out the game sucks for me.

Soldato
Was impossible finding a guest pass, so bought this the other week, have played a few times, but didn't like it :/

Ah well. I doubt I'll give it a try without a guest pass. I prefer more hardcore MMOs like EverQuest and Vanguard. I'm not sure if this will keep me interested for long enough to justify buying it.

Associate
Not a massive fan of this game, I know a lot of the live streamers are loving it but it looks proppa grindy and has a steep learning curve I have heard? I don't have the time for it!

Associate
Not a massive fan of this game, I know a lot of the live streamers are loving it but it looks proppa grindy and has a steep learning curve I have heard? I don't have the time for it!

I don't mind a grind, I use to play Legend of Mir :p

I understand the learning curve being off putting if you don't have the time but I think for a lot of people that's an attractive prospect, myself included. I guess I'll give it a go.

Soldato
So what is the overall verdict? do we like it? worth buying? the combat system looks interesting.

It's well worth the price, your getting a sub free MMo with a massive population and tons of depth.

The combat is defo a major plus point, it's combo based which is fluid, intuitive and feels good.

Watch some reviews and footage on youtube and see if it tickles your fancy, so to speak.

My initial thoughts through beta were not so good, it felt very complex and the combat was weird but now I understand the basics and everything is falling in to place I'd heartily recommend it to anyone who wants the next big MMo experience. It can be played as casual as you want and offers a hardcore experience with skill based PvP.

8.7/10 !¬ _________

Soldato
Bare in mind it may as well not be an MMO. Other than end game PvP player interaction seems extremely limited.

I think the OcUK guild is basically dead. Barely anyone talks when online and there is rarely anyone actually on. Shame as it was going well the first week of release.

Soldato
Im finding it to be an afk fishing simulator. Ive made a few million from fishing and selling horses but im not really being grabbed by anything else. Ive gained about 4 levels still lv 26 in the last 2 weeks or so. I think ill play this super casual until the beta starts for Camelot Unchained.

Caporegime
Bare in mind it may as well not be an MMO. Other than end game PvP player interaction seems extremely limited.

I think the OcUK guild is basically dead. Barely anyone talks when online and there is rarely anyone actually on. Shame as it was going well the first week of release.

Really? I've been considering getting this after a brief nostalgia run on EverQuest. That game was virtually impossible unless grouped, and I was looking for another coop MMO. Hate soloing, and will avoid games where soloing is promoted as viable.

Associate
Im still playing avidly in fact not played anything else since launch,

I'm playing markjames 33 wizard Or my oktaviaa 42 tamer

Msg me in game sometime still so much to do especially since they released new Content yesterday

Back
Top Bottom