Recruiting an opencart developer to build an audio player into my site

Associate
Been ragging my hair out over this for 5 weeks now, spent loads of cash for nothing, been conned, scammed, installed crap and i still dont really have the final missing piece to my puzzle.

thepatchbay.co.uk

Ive built this website ( still in middle stage development) but i dont have the skills to be able to code an audio player that is global, plays the sound demo even when you navigate pages without interruption until you pause/stop or change it. has a few dedicated buttons in the header/ or the main player bar at the bottom. Incorporates a full bar along the bottom with a waveform view.

Could someone do this or point me in the right direction ?

Budget isnt massive, but i can pay.

Associate
plays the sound demo even when you navigate pages without interruption until you pause/stop or change it.

FYI this requirement has a huge impact on the options you have in implementing this.

Your website is currently set up as a "normal" website (eg. a series of different pages connected by links). Every time a user clicks a link, the "old" page is unloaded and the "new" page is downloaded - this means any audio player that is part of the "old" page will get unloaded too.

To achieve what you're describing is possible, but it could have knock-on effects to your site (eg. implement entire site as a single-page app) or have other drawbacks (eg. launch audio player in a popup - could get blocked/looks cheesy, store where the player has played up to and restore the track/position when the new page has loaded - audio will cut out momentarily).

Associate
OP
Hi,

Cookie will be implemented in the header text rotator

The site does use ssl currently

I use opencart, though I am building a landing page I'm using basic css and js for that. For the store opencart seems to be the best thing I've tested everything else was a mind boggle or slow.

Thanks

Associate
OP
Haven't got round to changing it yet ! And yes there's typos everywhere I just put quick placeholder ideas in until it comes to actually sorting through that area/module. Still embarrassing to read about it so sorry about that.
It's just a beta test environment I have it locally so it's not important but I guess I should change it anyway.

Associate
OP
I have absolutely no idea what any of this is but I must say that your site looks absolutely amazing. Top quality work, well done!

Thank you ! :) im not sure if this was sarcasm aha as ive had to put my lib domain in maintenance mode, unfortunately with recruitment ive had interest from competitors who are now trying to start up their own similar thing. Ive been watching them mimic features so ive tried to turn it off from the public until launch. i have disabled maintenance for now maybe youl get a better idea

lib.thepatchbay.co.uk

Associate
OP
You got rid of the mighty lion :p. Poor lion!

it was originally there to show the stature of the patchbay, the apex predator whos here to stay but part of my business model has changed to create something more streamlined and easy to navigate so ive taken out the big sliders and instead will put that on the main landing page.

Instead ive added a subliminal message that pops ups very briefly when a lib page loads it reads "GAME OVER" its a nice little message for all the competitors either copying me or saying nasty words in emails when i try to work with them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom