Street Fighter (SFIV, SSFIV, HDR)

Associate
Does anyone fancy playing a FT10 tonight. Casual is okay but I rarely get to play anyone for an extended set because of how dysfunctional Battle Lounge is.

I usually play Ryu and have around 1200 LP but I'm probably slightly above that level. I don't mind playing better or worse players than me and am willing to play one of my alts (Sim or Nash) if you want.

Easiest way is probably if you friend request me on PSN at Videotrap. Or my ID in-game is Kristufar.

Last edited:
Associate
I'll be up for a game around 9pm ish. Whats FT10?

Oh, 'FT10' just means 'First to 10', so in other words a longer set of games than you would usually get in Casual/Ranked. I found I improved more in longer sets in SFIV than in one-offs, so I'm trying to get the same practice in in SFV.

If you're up for a set (even a FT5) that would be great!

Nine should be okay but I might need until ~9.15 if that's okay.

Associate
Good games Jim. Sorry about the disconnect. My connection is fine (100/10 fibre) so I'm putting that down to SFV ****tiness. On a related note, why do they make it so hard to invite someone to a lobby?!

Here's some tips for your Ryu:

You are good at certain things, e.g., air-to-airs, but you let me jump at you too much. At far range you should anti-air with Shoryu because that has invincibility and will beat my jump LK. At close range it can be tricky because Shoryu sometimes comes out on the wrong side, so you will either need to learn how to auto-correct (you basically input the motion and then hit the punch button as late as possible) or anti-air with an alternative. E.g., stand LP or jump back LK (surprisingly effective). You might also be able to jump forward MP which you can then combo into EX Shoryu or Critical Art. A last possibility is to parry (useful for when you don't know which side they are hitting because parry covers both sides) and then throw or LP.

You were also hitting buttons at the wrong time. E.g., I kept jumping at you with jump MK, stand MP, stand MP. I noticed that you always did something then (either pressing buttons or jumping away) so I just hit crouch HK after that sequence and it hit you 90% of the time. Likewise, I saw that you would sometimes mash jab on wake up so I started to pretend to go to throw when you were getting up and then walked backwards out of your jab range and hit you with crouch HK. Worked around 80% of the time.

You were also quite predictable with your jump-ins. I would just stand at a certain range (Shoryu range) and sooner or later you would jump. You should really only jump a lot against characters who have bad anti-airs (which isn't Ryu), and even then you should mix it up. E.g., if you see that I'm just waiting for you to jump then either throw a fireball or simply dash up and throw me.

Oh, and I noticed you were using crouch MK and crouch HK a lot. I would advise using crouch MP instead of MK because it has one extra active frame (might not sound a lot but 3 frames active is 50% more than 2, so it will hit more often) and very similar range. And it's best not to use HK unless you are very confident it will land because it can be punished very easily.

Hopefully play you again some other time.

Last edited:

nok

nok

Associate
Ill be on tonight from around 8:30pm. does that work for you Artheas? I notice you play Mika (from the youtube link you posted) and I really struggle against her so would love to get a set in.

kissenger, ill probably be up at 11 and a Ryu vs Ryu set would be good. More than happy for you to play your Nash and sim as well if you want.

CFN name = Chowster

Last edited:
Associate
Ill be on tonight from around 8:30pm. does that work for you Artheas? I notice you play Mika (from the youtube link you posted) and I really struggle against her so would love to get a set in.

kissenger, ill probably be up at 11 and a Ryu vs Ryu set would be good. More than happy for you to play your Nash and sim as well if you want.

CFN name = Chowster

I never posted any link! Yea, I'll be on from around 20:15.

I main Birdie right now, secondaries are Bison and Ryu. Looking to learn some Alex too, so I can play any of those.

nok

nok

Associate
Sorry Artheas i'm getting old. It was Wilko_Dog that plays Mika. Cool, a good set against Birdie would be very helpful. I'll aim for 20:30 but if I am on earlier will send you an invite.

Whats your CFN name?

Back
Top Bottom