Is this North Face jacket acceptable for office work?

Soldato
Soft shell is all the rage. Get one of those if you wanna look trendy.

I have business casual as well, but I've taken to wearing jeans and t-shirt/polo-shirt... eek. Need to get myself up to scratch again.

Soldato
I'll need to see you wearing the jacket and adopting a boxing stance before I can give a valid opinion as to whether your colleagues will bow down to your alpha sartorial statement.

Soldato
I usually take my jacket off when I get into the office. I get too warm otherwise.

If it's Formal Friday then my mole skin business tuxedo is thick enough to act as a jacket.

Permabanned
Hi all, I am currently looking for a lightweight jacket for Spring that is considered acceptable for business casual in an office environment.

As long as it's for use out of the office, I can't see a problem. My office has always had a firm 'professional' dress code for client-facing roles, but within reason, I don't care what staff wear going to/from the office. By within reason, I mean a full-body chicken costume, or a fig leaf and a grin, might be taking it too far, but any normal clothing, however loud in colour, wouldn't be a problem provided they were business-smart during working hours.

What staff wear commuting is none of my business. It only becomes an issue if it's something that starts affecting the business. I can't inagine how that coat would, for any 'normal' office, or office job.

Associate
I would prefer black to baby blue but whatever floats your boat. You did want to avoid sticking out, right? :p

This.

I wear a black north face jacket to/from work, and never thought anything of it. I'd be surprised if anyone else had ever thought anything of it either...

Back
Top Bottom