Holiday in Greece next month, concerns

Soldato
TBH they can't be any more annoying than those people trying to flog you sunglasses / handbags / lighty up things on every beach / tourist spot.

Associate
Kos may become more difficult due to the migrants not wanting to be removed to Turkey and Mad Merkel not laying on closed trains direct from Greece to her ever welcoming voters - the wire fencing in between not likely to be other than strengthened and more aggressively policed. The indigenous population of Kos are in a very bad situation ( caused by Mad Merkel ) Greece is as bankrupt as bankrupt can be again depending on Mad Merkel and her next pointless bailout. So from now on it is likely to become dramatically worse. Only a few days ago £30 000 medical facility -installed for them -was destroyed by the migrants. However, if you are adventurous and can't change/cash back et al then go for it - - you aint female and are in the best of health aint you? If you want a good interesting Holiday check out Cuba! Course the Greeks have not been policing their / Europe's borders like as what they should have been ie processing the migrants- they were happy to act as a waiting room as they moved North - bit like the Frogs do in Calais

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for the responses. Now back from Kos - did not see a single migrant.

The few harbors I visited on the island and the islands around it were totally devoid of any evidence of a 'migrant crisis' and everything appeared to be business as usual. Granted however, that this business was generally geared towards tourism.

Soldato

The few harbors I visited on the island and the islands around it were totally devoid of any evidence of a 'migrant crisis' and everything appeared to be business as usual. Granted however, that this business was generally geared towards tourism.

Good feedback, I've been looking at Greece as a potential for a last minute June jobby. All the forums I've read (trip advisor et al) echo your sentiments.

Soldato
I was in Sanremo, Italy yesterday and there was quite a large number of them on the beaches from Ventimigilia onwards. Lots of soldiers with assault rifles at the French border which seemed to be stopping them getting any further. A few of them (the migrants that is, not the soldiers :p )were taking selfies by the beach, was a rather odd sight!

Man of Honour

I'm going to Kos on the 28th

Back
Top Bottom