What is the last good pc game you played ?

Associate
Another vote for Dishonoured here, I picked it up cheap a while back but didn't find the time to play until now. I've only played a few hours so far but it's really good so far.

Soldato
How well has that aged? One of those games I want to play as I heard the story is wacky(which I like).

Its dated now but you wont care, its a prime example of a game that doesn't need modern graphics to be great

I just finished it just this second and the story was brilliant, epic game they just dont make them like this anymore

Associate
What is the last good pc game you played ?

For me the last good game was skyrim.

I would have to agree. While there has been plenty of games since then that I have enjoyed, non of them have been as immersive as Skyrim. Not to mention the endless amount of mods that can enhance the game play.

Soldato
My favourite game right now has to be GTAV. I have gotten well over a thousand hours out of it, and even though I take wee breaks here and there, I know I will come back and keep playing. I am never bored in it whether it be freeroam or missions and despite its flaws, it doesn't push me away.

Next on the list, I would say Skyrim. I played it to death when it was first released on console, and then PC again and thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. I think was due to my love of Oblivion.

I reinstalled about 6 months ago and that feeling remained although I don't think I will ever put the same time into it as I once did.

The division...I cant say yet as its holding my attention right now, but I don't think it will continue to do so after a few more weeks.

Associate
Valkyria Chronicles. Bought a XB360 wireless controller adapter for the PC - one of the best purchases I've ever made for my desk.

Soldato
I'd say Fallout 4. It gets too much hate for what it is and it's constantly being compared to Witcher 3 despite the fact the only thing the two have in common is that they try to be true RPGs and fail at that tremendously (not to mention Witcher 3 having it's own share of quite serious problems people like to casually gloss over):p

It may not be a perfect Fallout game but it's a rather addictive RPG-ish shooter/action title with rewarding exploration, an interesting world and myriads of distractions. The graphics are average but with a single texture swap and an ENB mod you can make it look twice as good without sacrificing performance.

And to be fair, I don't really remember the last time I played a really bad game. Partially because I don't really game all that much and partially because I carefully pick the stuff I buy:p

Soldato
I'm currently playing (and in love with) Stardew Valley.

This has me tempted. I'm worried it'll be a little too cutesy tho. Is there much game to get stuck into?

Hyper Light Drifter is the most recent PC game that has me properly hooked. Before that it was probably Dark Souls. I'm probably in the minority here in not rating Skyrim. Great world and atmosphere, but industry leading crappy combat.

Soldato
Haven't played a new game in a while now. I have mainly been replaying games, or playing dlc for games I had already played(Witcher 3, Dying Light). The last good game I played for the first time would probably be Fallout 4, which despite being a bit disappointing in certain areas was still high quality overall.

Edit- Actually I forgot, probably X-Com 2

Back
Top Bottom