Visiting Amsterdam

Associate
I stopped in Citizem M hotel with the missis. Tech lovers dream (as long as you like Apple)

We travelled around the city on the tram with the aid of a map we got in the hotel. Seems massive the first time you go there.

I figure the things you'll be getting up on the nights though, will be different to what I did. Anne Frank Museum queue is a million miles long. Boat trips are good. The coffee shops were interesting, albeit permaently packed.

The Dutch are generally very nice people.

Caporegime
Humphreys - decent restaurant (around 30 euros for a 3 course meal)
Van Gogh musem
Whiskycafe L&B - whisky bar with >1,000 types
Room of Riddles - adult/team Crystal Maze of sorts

Enjoy :)

Soldato
I think I must be the only person who wasn't impressed by Amsterdam. I just found it far to.... touristy.

I WAS on my own, so that might have made a difference (it usually doesn't though) and I did visit the coffee shops, which were... different. Pretty much everything else though I didn't really care for. I really enjoyed some of the buildings though :D

Rotterdam (although busy) was a far better couple of days for me :/

Soldato
I think I must be the only person who wasn't impressed by Amsterdam. I just found it far to.... touristy.

I WAS on my own, so that might have made a difference (it usually doesn't though) and I did visit the coffee shops, which were... different. Pretty much everything else though I didn't really care for. I really enjoyed some of the buildings though :D

Rotterdam (although busy) was a far better couple of days for me :/

As with any main city, there are areas which are touristy and ones which are not. With Amsterdam, both the touristy places to go to and the not touristy ones are located very near by, which is an advantage if you feel like doing the whole holiday tour guide experience one day at Heineken brewery and have a relaxing drink in a cafe/pub frequented mainly by locals the next day. One thing Amsterdam does not share with most other touristy main cities is that there isn't large amounts of street crime and the place is clean.

Back
Top Bottom