Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Caporegime
ACR spoiler attached to a truck engine.

American Club Racer - I actually like the 2016 ACR, which is also said to be very good on a track, but will be horrendous on UK roads. :p

Looks like its an ACR spoiler, (or a replica of one) but that's not an ACR.

Wheels and diffuser are wrong for it to be a genuine ACR. Still its a dodge viper so it can get away with whatever wing it wants :D

Soldato
Taken by my eldest.

25647125894_e54ebc9914.jpg

EVO II

Soldato
Very nice - love those cars. Already an appreciating classic.

Back when a fairly decent example was £6K or so I was so very close to buying one - 8 or 9 years ago I think. I even went to Walkers up north who aren't shy of slapping big price tags on these things and drove a few.

I didn't like it that much.

In the afternoon I drove an Impreza P1 and decided to buy another Impreza.

From a financial POV a huge mistake. Even lemons from Japan are pushing £15K now.

Soldato
Just googled to see an example, first one 70k :D

Can you say what you didnt like, was it less refined then the Subaru in the general ride quality. Considering the amount of pot holes on most roads I dont blame anyone for opting out of the more extreme car setups

It just all seemed a bit cheap, naff even. Baring in mind that it's pretty much a car from the 70s on steroids. As much as hindsight shows me I made a huge mistake not buying one, I just felt that the drive didn't turn me on as much as the P1 did in the afternoon. Having owned an Impreza for a few years, getting back into one just felt more comfortable to me than the Delta. Maybe if I'd not driven the Impreza I would have stuck with the Delta. There was an Imperial Blue Delta EVO I in London in good nick and the guy wanted £6K. I ended up buying an Impreza Type RA WRC edition from API Engines for the same price. Eventually, I'm sure these limited edition Imprezas will be sort after and command a price but will take a while to get to Delta prices.

It's funny even the absolute nags offered by the likes of WRC Sales and Keighley are £40K and I don't even have to look at them in the flesh to know they are dogs imported from Japan. I didn't realise red came in so many different shades until seeing a Delta offered by one of these firms.

Back
Top Bottom